I had grand visions of giving my 8 month old chunks of banana and a graham cracker with some apple juice and him eating them, grateful for a snack while I made (read: warmed up) the rest of his lunch and awed him with my mothering talents. Instead I learned the following:
- Baby will put everything he finds on the floor into his mouth.
- The one thing you want him to put in his mouth, he will put on the floor.
- The dog does not like banana.
- Banana on the floor is very slippery.
- Bargain brand graham crackers are too hard to melt in baby’s mouth.
- The dog does like graham crackers - even bargain brand.
- There are only so many times you can keep a tall dog from licking a dangling baby hand covered in food.
- Even if that food is banana.
- Taking the stopper out of a sippy cup to make it easier for baby to use is okay… in and of itself.
- Leaving fully secured baby and going 3 feet to let dog outside (see #7) is okay… in and of itself.
- #9 + #10 = VERY WET BABY!
- It also makes for a very wet floor, tray, bib, table, etc…
- Yet miraculously the bargain brand graham crackers that were on the tray are still too hard to eat.
- AND FINALLY... Nothing sounds sweeter than the deep breathing of a well showered, post-lunch trauma, sleeping baby on the monitor… I am soon to follow.
Now I know why I go to work and Daddy stays home.