Monday, October 3, 2005

Pieces O' Banana

I had grand visions of giving my 8 month old chunks of banana and a graham cracker with some apple juice and him eating them, grateful for a snack while I made (read: warmed up) the rest of his lunch and awed him with my mothering talents. Instead I learned the following:

  1. Baby will put everything he finds on the floor into his mouth.
  2. The one thing you want him to put in his mouth, he will put on the floor.
  3. The dog does not like banana.
  4. Banana on the floor is very slippery.
  5. Bargain brand graham crackers are too hard to melt in baby’s mouth.
  6. The dog does like graham crackers - even bargain brand.
  7. There are only so many times you can keep a tall dog from licking a dangling baby hand covered in food.
  8. Even if that food is banana.
  9. Taking the stopper out of a sippy cup to make it easier for baby to use is okay… in and of itself.
  10. Leaving fully secured baby and going 3 feet to let dog outside (see #7) is okay… in and of itself.
  11. #9 + #10 = VERY WET BABY!
  12. It also makes for a very wet floor, tray, bib, table, etc…
  13. Yet miraculously the bargain brand graham crackers that were on the tray are still too hard to eat.
  14. AND FINALLY... Nothing sounds sweeter than the deep breathing of a well showered, post-lunch trauma, sleeping baby on the monitor… I am soon to follow.

    Now I know why I go to work and Daddy stays home.

No comments: