Tuesday, January 24, 2006

The 25 Question Meme

So I have a desire to be more regular in my posting, but after an all day denominational meeting and a newsletter I am supposed to work on tonight originality and thoughtfulness just ain’t gonna happen.

Here is the 25 questions meme:

1) When you looked in the mirror first thing this morning, what was the first thing you thought?
You have GOT to be kidding me.

2) How much cash do you have on you?
After a Presbytery offering and paying for 2 lunch “donations” I’ve got nothing.

3) What's a word that rhymes with TEST?
Jest.

4) Planet?
Janet… oh, I thought we were still rhyming.
Neptune. I lived there until the middle of 2nd grade so by default it is my favorite planet. Was that the question?

5) Who is the fourth person on your missed calls?
I cannot believe you are making me go get my cell phone out of the drawer. Hold on… Ooh, a church member who called and left me a message while we were down in Florida that his uncle died.
Makes you wish you hadn’t asked, doesn’t it.

6) What is your favourite ring on your phone?
I’m just not that cool. I hate all the little diddies because I cannot hear them so it just rings.

7) What shirt are you wearing?
A pink t-shirt I sleep in and a Northwestern sweatshirt circa 1990 complete with holes, faded print and no cuffs because they long ago ripped off.
Two words: Dead. Sexy.

8) What do you label youself as?
Um, did you not see my two words at the end of question #7? Just kidding: independent

9) Name the brand of shoes you've recently worn.
Seriously, I have to get up again?! Eastland. My favorite casual dress shoes.

10) Bright room or dark room?
Dimly lit. Which is not by choice but I’ll be damned if you are going to get me to get up again to turn up the light.

11) What were you doing at midnight last night?
Sleeping. Yeah me!

12) What did the last text message on your phone say?
I realize this puts me in a similar category as my grandparents
but I don’t have text messaging (cue: mock horror music)

13) Where is your nearest 7-11?
I’m guessing over two hours away. BUT if you would like a convenience store ‘country style’ with bad coffee that also sells hunting and archery products, that’s just around the corner.

14) What's a saying you say a lot?
”Are you hungry?” The Boy has such a great temperament that he usually only cries for a reason. When he does I always ask him as if he could actually answer me.

15) Who told you they loved you last?
My husband.

16) Last furry thing you touched?
The Boy’s stuffed animal. Some thunder (in January?!) just scared him so we were trying to get him back down.

17) How many drugs have you done in the past three days?
Multi-vitamin. Extra strength tylenol

18) How many rolls of film do you need to get developed?
None. Digital camera. But there are Christmas pictures still yet to be ordered and a Gram who is running out of patience on the delay I am sure.

19) Favorite age you've been so far?
Right now – 35. What’s not to love – I’ve got a son, a great husband and my family is doing pretty good.

20) Your worst enemy?
Rhubarb.

21) What is your current desktop picture?
THD and The Boy in the Snow

22) What was the last thing you said to someone?
“Thanks for being such a good and patient Daddy.” (The Boy is sleeping... finally!)

23) If you had to choose between a millions bucks and being able to fly, which would you choose?
Fly. C’mon people, you don’t think you could figure out how to MAKE a million bucks if you were the only human who could fly? I’m actually disappointed in myself because I never even dream I can fly.

24) Do you like someone?
Yup. Although if you catch me on a NJ cynical day it would be hard to believe.

25) The last song you listened to?
Norah Jones “Don’t Know Why:
It was on the radio as I drove into our parking lot.

3 comments:

juniper68 said...

There's lots of good stuff here, but I'm thinking about the cell phone thing, too. As in - I'm so glad to see that you can't hear those silly rings either - and you're two years younger than me!

Preacher Mom said...

You crack me up! I love your answer to #23. Can't say that I would have ever thought of it in that way!

Christine said...

wondering about the rhubarb... did it attack? Yikes.