Thursday, March 2, 2006

Someone Named Joe

A Solo Pastor's Lament

My printer is down, the copier is broke;
The maintenance ‘to do’ list is enough to choke.
Heavy is my angst, great is my woe;
Wouldn’t it be nice to have someone named Joe?

I have a dream, a vision we call it;
Someone to fix, maintain or install it.
Someone to work here, Joe is the name;
And being here and fixin’ things is the game.


The alarm in the Sanctuary won’t stop beeping;
I must now go down to where the mice are creeping.
Ugh, there is ‘good’ news instead,
Not one is creeping but two are there dead.

I have a dream, a vision we call it;
Someone to fix, maintain or install it.
Someone to work here, Joe is the name;
And being here and fixin’ things is the game.


There is water leaking on the ground;
Try again your server cannot be found.
What? No water in the well?
Oh my good Lord, what is that weird smell?

I have a dream, a vision we call it;
Someone to fix, maintain or install it.
Someone to work here, Joe is the name;
And being here and fixin’ things is the game.


Big fundraiser here tomorrow;
No hot water is my sorrow.
At least I thought that was our downfall;
Until I was told there is no water at all.

I have a dream, a vision we call it;
Someone to fix, maintain or install it.
Someone to work here, Joe is the name;
And being here and fixin’ things is the game.


It is too much I admit I am beat;
Experts come in and I eagerly greet.
“Who is in charge here? We need to know”;
I said, “Hello, my name is Jo.”

I have a dream, a vision we call it;
Someone to fix, maintain or install it.
Someone to work here, Jo is her name;
And being here and fixin’ things is her game.






A pink tool belt...
I can't figure out if I am offended or not.

No comments: