Friday, April 28, 2006

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Procrastination Meme

The Assignment: Name five things you do when you are trying to avoid doing what you really need to do.

1) I do all things blog (read, write, surf, cut and paste for later, bloglines, comments, memes, etc...)

2) I do all the little things that pop in my head while I am working on the main thing. So for instance (and this is purely hypothetical) I am working on my sermon and it pops into my head that I wonder if songbird is also working on her sermon. So I email her. And read her blog. And comment on her blog. And follow a link from her blog and so on and so on and then it has been an hour.

3) I decide I need sustenance to keep me going and find said sustenance. This can lead to emptying out whatever it is and needing to recycle or take trash out or reload item.

4) Peruse tv channels. Wouldn't want to miss a good sermon illustration you know.

5) Sometimes I try to find the cure for information overload.

I would do more than five but I am feeling hungry and the trash needs to go out and I really should check the mail and I have some blogs to check on and...
Hey! Why is the Bible, pen and sermon worksheet here?

ADDENDUM: Install a wireless mouse and go through piles and boxes on desk/in office all in the name of "I will be able to think better this way!"

7 comments:

Songbird said...

Listen, I expect to be in just such a spot tomorrow night.

apstraight said...

So the cure for information overload is just a link that goes from place to place? And how many links it takes you to figure that out is a sign of your IQ, right?

I think that I am very slow...

Writing tomorrow night, too...

will smama said...

Oh yeah, I will soooo be available for you two tomorrow night.

As for the links... I kept going too eventually just to see who started it and then I stopped figuring they may have a way to track how desperate I am to be doing ANYTHING else but what I am supposed to be doing right now.

will smama said...

If you will excuse me I now must go read up on how to properly use my mouse.

Sue said...

Haven't you two played Marble Drop today????

will smama said...

Doh! I went to leave my comment and lost the connection. It sounded something like this:

Sue, thou shall not smite me with thy marble drop game. You are talking to someone who has had to take the games off of EVERY computer she has ever owned. I once spent 16 hours STRAIGHT playing minesweeper.

Songbird, you are truly inspiring. That is quite the list of accomplishments (without really accomplishing the thing you were supposed to accomplish).

Leslee said...

16 hours?!?! Did you ever pee?