Tuesday, June 27, 2006

All Good Plans...

So I thought the title of today's post was going to be: He Left Me.

TDH and youth group were supposed to leave very early this morning for a Christian Music Festival but the rain, rain, rain came down, down, down and the dadgum thing got cancelled.

Did you check out the link? Their exact wording is: Christian Music Festival 2006 Northeast schedule for June 28 - July 1, 2006 has been postponed until June 27-June 30, 2007.

Um dudes... if the date of an event is pushed to the next time said event is scheduled - the following year - then we English speaking folk like to call it by its real name: C-A-N-C-E-L-L-E-D.

Look, I know the weather is what it is but they had to move this thing a couple of years ago for the same reason - the farmland where it takes place is in a low-lying, easily flooded area. I think it is time to come up with a different location somewhere in this quarter of the country.

In the meantime - in the interest of full disclosure - the REAL reason why I am upset is because I had movies we had not watched yet in the mailbox ready to go back to Netflix so that I could watch some stuff that TDH might not enjoy. When the festival got cancelled he went out and actually retrieved the unwatched movies from the mailbox.

Stupid rain, now I can't watch Sweet Home Alabama.

No comments: