Tuesday, August 8, 2006

Books

I've been tagged. And in turn I tagged The Boy, age 18 months:

1. One Book That Changed Your Life -- I am not sure, but Mom always says to warm the crowd up with a joke... maybe this would be funnier.

2. One Book That You've Read More Than Once -- All. of. Them.

3. One Book You'd Want on a Desert Island -- Farmer Will, because then I wouldn't need a mirror to know what I looked like.

4. One Book That Made You Laugh -- Animals picture book, especially when my Mommy makes the elephant sounds (which she won't do for some reason when she has a headache).

5. One Book That Made You Cry -- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, my Mommy made the bear voice a little too scary one time.

6. One Book You Wish You Had Written -- Goodnight Moon. Doesn't everyone wish they had written this? "Goodnight nobody... goodnight air" - I mean really, how hard was that to write?

7. One Book That You Wish Had Never Been Written -- I'm guessing someday it will be this one.

8. Books You're Currently Reading -- The Very Hungry Catepillar, Hug, Moo, Baa, La, La, La!

9. One Book You've Been Meaning to Read -- Ah, Tolstoy.

5 comments:

Quotidian Grace said...

What? No mention of the classic for toddlers, Pat The Bunny???

Songbird said...

I am such a lucky duck. I got to hear the reading of all three titles on the current list!!

Listing Straight said...

Ahhh... I love the part in the Hungry Caterpillar when Dear Daughter pretends to nibble the strawberries.

Nice.

Thank you.

will smama said...

QG - By all means please ship us this childhood staple immediately!

SB - Indeed you did. And I believe you recited a couple yourself too!

LS - The Boy flips past it all until we get to Saturday and then he points at each delectable treat while I read what it is. Too cute.

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

You have got to get the Mercer Mayer Little Critter books. They were always Bebo's favorites!

Oh just wait until you get to
*Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day*

This makes me want to find a little one and read. I miss the cuddle time.