Tuesday, August 1, 2006

Yeah, That's the Stuff

Because of posts lately like this and this I paid extra attention during Sesame Street last night.

Not to the show, but to the little boy curled on my lap. I closed my eyes and attempted to memorize the sweet smell of his hair, the dusting of sand still on his face from his earlier playdate with the sandbox, the way he gently sucks his thumb only pulling it out to laugh like Ernie, clap, or look at me and point and say something that in his language must mean, "Did you see that?"

Awesome.

6 comments:

Songbird said...

Because before you know it, they're leaving for Scotland in two days without telling you the name of the airline.

Pink Shoes said...

Thanks -- I needed to read this.

will smama said...

Pink Shoes, I needed to come back and read this because that is NOT how things have been going this evening.

Songbird said...

Parenting is like everything else: one step forward...

Pink Shoes said...

WS, of course in the meantime you inspired me and my own pay-attention moment... it helps, I know, when he's already asleep!

cheesehead said...

To add onto Songbird, the next time you turn around he will be looking at apartments on the east side of Medium Size City on The Lake.

(sniff)