Sunday, October 1, 2006

Thanks

Hi all. I just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words in relation to the post I wrote right before I left on vacation.

As well as that evening went I am the same pastor who has since lost Tori's phone number (don't worry, I'll get it) and who once tried to let a family know about some arrangements that would need to be made for a funeral for their loved one only to realize with horror that they were not in a place to accept that a funeral was imminent. Not exactly great pastoral care.

Truth is, I think we all win some and lose some; sometimes we get it right and other times not so much. Thank you for the many lessons of compassion and ministry done right that I have gleaned from your own writings. Thank you for your kind comments and thank God for the grace that every once in awhile allows us to get it right.

Peace.

6 comments:

ppolarbear said...

welcome home.

Songbird said...

So glad you're back!

Kathryn said...

Another hug I think (( ))...Good to have you back, and good to see the way God makes something special out of even our most crass moments (says she, who is considering a PhD in ineptitude!). He does, after all, deal in imperfections.

cheesehead said...

Welcome back from a fellow vacationer. Are you as tired as I am?

Preacher Mom said...

Good to have you back. Hope you had a wonderful vacation.

And it's humbling to realize that God can use us just as we are - as good or as bad as that may be at any given moment.

see-through faith said...

hugs and love ...