Thursday, November 2, 2006

Career Change


Today was/is one of those days that inspires serious contemplation about a career change. I have to keep reminding myself that the frustration of the last two days has nothing to do with the actual clergy profession, but instead to do with why I could not work in the computer profession.

Today I actually asked the computer guru who was patiently walking me through endless exercises of dashed hopes if 'reboot' meant to pull my foot and shoe out of the computer.

He didn't get it.

How long would it take me to be a certified electrician?

6 comments:

reverendmother said...

The reverendhubby has his own computer consulting business--let me know if a little phone support would be helpful.

Listing Straight said...

Sorry it didn't get better.

ESPN probably needs you, but the church needs you more...

Songbird said...

It all sounds crappy. I'm so sorry!
(except the picture, of course, which is adorable.)

see-through faith said...

GREAT pic :)

and I at least laughed at the boot joke :)

Reformed Catholic said...

FWIW ... when I had a desktop computer support/maintenance business in our previous location, I would regularly tell people that if their computer was over 4 or 5 years old, it made better sense to replace it, than to spend money to fix it.

I was charging $75 an hour, and could not bring myself to charge some people the 4 or 5 hours of work it sometimes took to get a machine running. I'm a lousy businessman ... [sigh]. Anyway, with Dell offering machines with 2GB of RAM, DVD/CD burner, 19" flat panel screen, 160GB hard drive for $777, its a no brainer to purchase a new machine, rather than spend $250 - 400 to get one that's 3 or 4 years old fixed.

They're starting to become like toasters, throw aways ... !

St. Casserole said...

having a messed up 'puter makes me crabby, too.

Cute picture!

Hope tomorrow is better...