Monday, January 8, 2007

The Trip II

The next leg of our journey took us down to see our friends from seminary. They have two beautiful girls - one is in Kindergarten and the other is just 5 months older than The Boy.

The older one was incredibly patient with the two younger ones. The younger one was followed by The Boy EVERY where. It was so cute, but she didn't always think it was so great.

The last full day we were there our friends went back to school and jobs and we took The Boy to the aquarium. I had tried not to get my hopes up too high. He is after all only two. Turns out the three of us had a blast! I am not sure which is my favorite moment, when he saw the huge whale sharks float right in front of him or when he got the attention of the woman next to us and proudly proclaimed while pointing at the tank window, "It's a fish!"

I don't return from vacation well and there is something always frustrating to returning home in January to Christmas decorations up, but we loved spending time with our friends. Also, there is the benefit of the lazy conversations you can have with your loved one when you have no where else to go for 10+ hours.

All in all it was a great trip and as kids get older and schedules get busier I know being able to make a trip like that is not something to be taken for granted.

Peace, friends.

7 comments:

PPB said...

I love that photo! He looks mesmorized!

Listing Straight said...

Lovely. Just Lovely.

Songbird said...

what cute children! What great photos! what good friends!!!

St. Casserole said...

I love the pic of the Boy at the aquarium. So cute!

Anonymous said...

Oh My! That is one of the most beautiful pictures I've ever seen.

cheesehead said...

I'm plotzing from teh cuteness!

Sue said...

Aaaawwww....how sweet!!!