Sunday, January 7, 2007

The Trip

First, I know there are a lot of potential blogger meet-ups that I drive right by on our (at this point) annual trip down south. But I am very protective of my time with the Onion Rings. With this southern city's traffic issues, any meet up would take at least half the day and I am just not willing to give that up.

This most recent trip did include an overnight visit with 'Emerald Palace' as I called her on that same post about friends where I mentioned the Onion Rings. Now you know her better as Listing Straight. Interesting to note that I actually mentioned that one of us could leave: "She is a lot of fun and although I know that one of us will eventually move to a different area I hope our friendship will continue to grow..."
I just didn't think it would be so soon.

We had a great time. It was really good to see her and the amount of hospitality her family packed into about 16 hours was impressive. Even Darling Daughter was a patient hostess to The Boy who loves trains, but doesn't get the whole track concept and who thinks stuff on counters should be stuff on floors. They allowed us to relax which included letting The Boy run around while we ate dinner. If you are a parent you understand what a gift that is since The Boy had been in the car all day, but his running around meant that Darling Daughter wanted to run around and not eat dinner too.

We kicked back and watched fun tv together and we were treated to a yummy breakfast by request. She showed me around where she lives now and the church. The amount of transition she and her family have been through would break anyone's stress test, but she has handled it with her typical grace, humor and confidence in who God is calling her to be.

I am bummed she left, but glad that we managed to get our friendship to a more permanent place before she moved.

Blogger is not allowing me to post any more pictures so I will save the rest of the journey for later...

3 comments:

Listing Straight said...

Thanks. It was truly our honor to host you... I hope that we become a part of the annual trip...

Songbird said...

Lots of cuteness right there, even in one picture!

cheesehead said...

Great picture.

If you ever drive northwest instead of south...