Saturday, February 3, 2007

Birthday Party Saga: Late Night Edition

I came home from the airport run and immediately jumped into making the Elmo cake and the next batch of playdough. So far so good on the first enterprise, although the truth will be in the icing coming out right (seriously, who AM I?).

This batch of playdough I decided to get tricky and I added cinnamon so it would smell good... unfortunately I added too much cinnamon.

I was getting ready to put the glitter in when I realized the dough was burning the chapped parts of my hands from the cinnamon. Good thing I tested it before I handed it to unsuspecting children and their parents!

Welcome to will smama's toddler party o' torture! Don't forget to put the real fire ants in your pants and pin the tail on that guy over there.

Can you feed dogs home made playdough?

Don't worry, I know the answer is no.

11 comments:

Songbird said...

Oy.

Gord said...

At a former workplace we used to make play dough using Kool-Aid for colour and scent. THe one down side was that it tended to smell enough like food that the kids wanted to eat it. I know it was all food ingredients but still, not a good idea.

cheesehead said...

And this is why I took my kids to Chuck E. Cheese/the bowling alley/ McDonald's party room/the zoo/roller skating/the movies for 90 minutes of off-site chaos instead! LOL.

Have a wonderful time!

Preacher Mom said...

Me, too, Cheesehead! A domestic goddess (or creative party planner) I am NOT! I stand in awe, will smama!

St. Casserole said...

Gosh, you can make play dough?

You are a domestic goddess.

Quotidian Grace said...

You'll be longing for the days of home-made play dough when Will gets older and wants to go to Chuck-E-Cheese, my own personal nightmare.

Listing Straight said...

I hope that you have a FABULOUS day... I wish we could be there celebrating with you.

Sue said...

Have a great day. You really are a domestic goddess.

cheesehead said...

Okay, in my defense, Chuck E was only once.(When my oldest was four and Wondergirl was 8 mos.) Dear spouse and I were going out of town on our "second honeymoon" (a cruise) the next day, and I couldn't bear the thought of having to deal with a wrecked house the day I left for that trip.

But, yeah, I was a terrible non-domestic goddess of a mother. LOL.

You are to be commended, WS!

ppb said...

You are making an elmo cake? Holy cow, you're Martha Stewart!

hipastorzwife2B said...

Umm...
You can feed it to the dogs,
but you better put 'em outside after that.
We have a nice big ball of brown clay and some small tubs of other colors. We also have a bag full of playdough tools (garlic press!) and a plastic table cloth. YAY!