Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Post Party Depression

Well, apparantly the party also acted as an incubator for some sort of stomach virus as most participants have some variety of stomach cramps and all of the fun that comes with that. TDH has been a wasteland since late yesterday afternoon and did stuff overnight that he hasn't done since the 80's (I am trying not to be gross, but think bowl by the bed).

I have three thoughts running through my head that are a bit odd:
1) This couldn't have been the food, right? I mean if it were the food it would've hit us all a lot sooner.
2) Please God, let the touch of it I had yesterday be all I get this time around.
3) How weird is it that staying home from work to tend to the sick makes me feel like a 'real mommy' as if I'm not when I do all the other things I do.

I of course feel awful for all of those who are struggling with this thing - and party goers are not the only ones in this community afflicted - but those three thoughts are the ones that keep coming back to me.

Also, it is very hard to work on a sermon at a foot high fisher price table surrounded by crayons and play-doh... I'm just sayin'.

13 comments:

will smama said...

I just realized my new sidebar picture might very well be a picture of the virus spreading!

ACK!!! It was all so cute and innocent at the time.

reverendmother said...

I hear you on the #3. I feel that way a lot.

My friend in Richmond had the Digestive Catastrophe the other day. R had it over Christmas. It's bad stuff and really going around. Be vigilant with the hand-washing! It saved me.

Kathryn said...

Bizarrely, it's been around even on this side of the Pond...so clearly it's NOT your fault!
Day off for me today, so I'm cleaning the house and going to cook a decent supper...and then I'll feel like a real mum too. Isn't it mad? But we all seem to do it.
Hope the invalids recover swiftly x

ppb said...

I really don't think cheek kisses spread viruses.

Listing Straight said...

It is Not. Fun.
Hopefully it will be short lived.
Sending you prayers for health...

Rev Dave said...

It was the salmon mousse...{obscure?}

My lovely bride came down with something similar on day three of our honeymoon. Yoa' know, I just didn't expect the 'in sickness and in health' vow to kick in so soon.

Sue said...

Feel better soon WS.

cheesehead said...

What does a hug from a distance look like?


(((-----WS----)))

Songbird said...

Or even this:
(((------------ws------------)))

zorra said...

No, I am sure it wasn't the food. This horrible bug is apparently sweeping the nation. I hope TDH feels better soon and you and your son don't succumb.

Quotidian Grace said...

Reading my bloggie friends, I have to agree with zorra. This bug has gone bi-coastal. Feel better soon!

Purechristianithink said...

It wasn't the food. Toddlers are pretty much all toxic zones of snot, diaper and germs from whatever it was they just picked up from behind to couch. Get a bunch of them together in a room? Fa'get aboud id. . .

RuthRE said...

in the last 48 hours i've eaten about 6 saltines and some gatorade.
this handwashing is true...i was being psycho about it before a recent trip and then let up a little...BAM