Tuesday, February 6, 2007

RevGalBlogPal Friday(ish) Five Change Edition

I am having trouble focusing at work so I am hoping throwing up a post will help me simmer down and get some things done. On Friday I was hurriedly trying to finish a sermon so I couldn't get to this fun Friday Five as presented by reverend mother. Somehow I don't think changing the Friday Five to Tuesday was quite was she had in mind, but here it is anyway.

Change is a given in life, yet it's not easy for any of us. So strap on your seat belts and let's talk about it:


1. Share, if you wish, the biggest change you experienced this past year.
The transition from immobile baby to mobile - and opinionated! - toddler has been pretty big for us. Pretty fun (most of the time) too.

2. Talk about a time you changed your mind about something, important or not.
I have only been married once, but I am not married to the first person I said I would marry.

3. Bishop John Shelby Spong wrote a controversial book called "Why Christianity Must Change or Die." Setting aside his ideas--what kind of changes would you like to see in the Church?
Hording our resources in the name of being fiscally sound and saying we want folks to come and join us but really meaning we only want folks like us to come and join us.

4. Have you changed your hairstyle/hair color in the last five years? If so, how many times?
I am currently in the midst of growing my hair out because like most men, my husband likes it longer. I will NEVER admit this to him, but even though I HATE hair in my face it does look better longer.

5. What WERE they thinking with that New Coke thing?
Maybe there is a connection between New Coke and crack - both came out in the 80's and partaking in them was a VERY bad decision.


Special thanks to Peter Brady who for all of us around a certain age symbolizes how hard it sometimes is to overcome change but with a little creativity (and a boost in the tv ratings) anything is possible!


Any chance I buckle down now?

3 comments:

will smama said...

It worked! I got a whole bunch done... you know, in case you wanted to know.

Songbird said...

I'm glad! I love Peter Brady, since you're talking about him. He was my favorite.

cheesehead said...

Psst: #4. I'm going to try to do the same thing, for the same reason.