Monday, March 26, 2007

Better Than a Weigh-In

I am enjoying a serendipitous evening at home since a parishioner's heart surgery was postponed until tomorrow. TDH is helping his parents move and The Boy and I are just quietly playing. He has left me for his trucks which I always take to mean that he has reached the Mommy saturation point, a good thing, since often our evening time consists of him wanting to be attached to me since I have been gone all day and me trying to balance being there for him and things that I have to do.

We played outside - the sandbox held up well through the winter - and have eaten dinner together. Very nice.

Earlier today The Boy and I were at the YMCA where I have a weekly racquetball game with a member of the congregation. I joined with my Mom in mid-January and the racquetball game has become part of my weekly routine. I do other stuff too with the goals I shared with the trainer being:
1) I want to be able to help my son when he moves into college. He's two.
2) I want to look good for a family event in September.

Now I have tried not to get scale-obsessed, I just have improved some eating habits (hence the soy milk probe) and exercise a bit more. My goals are never weight oriented, but are rather stuff like "get to the gymn 4x this week" or "sign up for spinning".

Today after my first racquetball game I played another with someone who is a lot better than me BUT - and I am so excited to be typing this - I am in better shape than she is so I was able to hang with her in the first two games and beat her in the third.

As I used to be a competitive athlete, this was the best affirmation that I could have that what I have been doing is not all for naught.

And now I must check to see why it has gotten so quiet...

9 comments:

Songbird said...

Yay, you!!

St. Casserole said...

Good for you!

Nothing like it, is there?

more cows than people said...

sweet!

ppb said...

impressive

will smama said...

Gosh, thanks all. I am a bit embarrassed. I almost didn't post it because it came off a bit braggy. So here is my comeuppance:

It was quiet in the other room because The Boy had found the diaper bag and the Buttpaste therein, and was having fun squeezing the contents into my shoes.

I didn't even get mad. It was just so much of a classic 2 year old move that I figured the 'How to be 2' Manual told him to do it.

Listing Straight said...

Fan. Tabulous.

Not the buttpaste part... the exercise part....

Lorna said...

yah for the post
and lol @ the comment you wrote

win some, lose some - but if you keep smiling from the heart you are a real winner all round

love these snippets :)

LadyBurg said...

Way to go! Competition is great - esp. when you beat them!

Very funny 2 year old move. Too bad I can't do that to someone - it would make me giggle and giggle.

mompriest said...

Yeah for the game and exercise and self care!

And tee hee about the little one, I can just see it...of course mine are now 18 and 14, but I still have to check on 'em when they get quiet...