Thursday, April 19, 2007

Paying Respects

Still reporting from sick bay...

As I prepare the names of the VT victims to be read in worship during the pastoral prayer I am reminded that I wanted to do that when the war in Iraq started but was met with VERY strong resistance - too political I was told.

With ALL respect given to the Virginia Tech victims, realizing the difference between those who are in the military deployed and those who are in French class on US soil, over 230 people were killed in one day this past week in Iraq.

Yet if I read their names during worship it would be seen as partisan agenda.

That sucks, I'm just saying.

10 comments:

towanda said...

I absolutely agree with you.

reverendmother said...

Sucks indeed.

Songbird said...

I'm with you.

Purechristianithink said...

Yup. Me too.

Teri said...

ditto.

Leslee said...

I'm just sayin' is what I've been sayin a long time.

I agree, the fine line you have to walk in your job does suck!

St. Casserole said...

Add my "yes, it does" to the list.

Love 'em anyway. You never know...

Lorna said...

it would also take longer ... but I hear you .

Hang in there - and may there be some kind of decent solution in Iraq

sherry said...

You should have seen the fuss when I put Timothy McVeigh's name down as deceased the week he was executed. The lay reader did not skip the name and you could hear a few folks audibly gasp.

Mrs. M said...

Right there with you, willsmama.