Thursday, April 12, 2007

Snowpea's Tree

Dear Friends-Who-Know-Who-You-Are:

A few years ago all of you went in on a gift for us to help us remember Baby Snowpea. We were really touched by such a gesture from all of you and looked forward to planting that tree. As Spring would come around each year, I was unable to follow through on that purchase. Even after (The Boy) arrived in our lives, I just really struggled at the end of March and into April when instead of a birthday we were marking another year farther away from holding our baby girl.

This year as part of a spiritual day to mark my own celebration of the Good News of the risen Christ I finally purchased the tree. It is a Japanese Maple - Acer palmatum, KATSURA - for all of you botanists out there. We chose this tree because of the many colors it shows off throughout the year. It also does not get too overwhelmingly big and so in my mind it will remain petite and feminine. Here is a link to see what the leaves will look like through the seasons: http://www.fujiyamagarden.com/Katsura.html
We are working with a few church folks who are 'in the know' about where the best place to plant it is.

Also, you should know that the gift certificate was still honored making the tree affordable for us and truly a gift to us and to Baby Snowpea from those who surrounded us with their love and support during those dark days.

Thank you for standing with us not only then but in your continued friendship.

Love,
TDH, Will Smama, & The Boy

11 comments:

towanda said...

I was not one of those folks who helped you buy the tree, but I'm thankful for them and for this moment for you. Japanese maples are so lovely, we had many in our neighborhood in Portland and I loved watching them throughout the year. Blessings.

Songbird said...

(((ws and family))) and your friends, too.

Listing Straight said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

Listing Straight said...

(0). A ]* just won't do in this case.


(BTW, that was my post that was deleted. I got the shoulder tap symbol wrong the first time)

reverendmother said...

A wonderful gesture.

will smama said...

Now of course, I have to call the nurery and find out how I protect it since we are supposed to have SNOW on Sunday.

LadyBurg said...

I hope the tree stands beautiful, petite, and feminine for years and years and years.

Sue said...

(o)

Mrs. M said...

Willsmama, they're beautiful, beautiful trees, what a lovely commemoration.

I'm so sorry for your lost, and so proud of you for moving through it.

cheesehead said...

(o)

Kathryn said...

Hugs xxx