Friday, May 4, 2007

Head Partially Cleared

Well, thank you friends for being so gracious about the rant(s). It was either here or have people in the community witness me bent over yelling as loud as I can at a woman who from afar looks sickly in a wheelchair... and that would just be bad for business.

In the meantime, TDH and I are started to chip away at the madness and move increasingly forward towards 'The Same Page' {please read aloud with appropriate heavenly music in the background and an echo effect}.

I was talking to one of my friends who also happens to be a pastor and we were agreeing that we wish the advice we give in premarital counseling - that every couple will return to 1 or 2 of the same arguments over and over again - weren't true for us.

I also got to spend some good quality time with my Mommy last night. I needed a shirt/blouse and shoes to go with a skirt that I am wearing to a bridal shower next week. Shopping is not normally where I go to renew the spirit (rather that is usually where it goes to die) but it was fun to go and find clothes that fit and I went out on a limb with the shoes. I hope the pedicure comes with tanning cream for those pale white toesies!

Then this morning The Boy was 'singing' as 2 year olds do - with lyrics optional. And Twinkle Twinkle Little Star came out like this:

Tinkle Tinkle oobah stah
dee-doo, dee-oo Kix on my nose.


We were just glad he said 'on' rather than 'in'.

Peace friends... and thank you.

11 comments:

Songbird said...

Love you, ws.
]*

reverendmother said...

OK, I'll bite. What's ]* ?

And the thing about the same arguments made me LOL. So, so true.

will smama said...

]* is something Listing Straight came up with to mean 'supportive punch on the shoulder' - there is a longer story that I have to touch base with her before I can tell, but suffice it to say that we are both awkward huggers.

Just be careful not to type }*
To me that just looks like the internet sign for nipple piercing.

mid-life rookie said...

My favorite young boy lyrics went like this while singing along to a kid's tape. Instead of "It's better to give than receive", I heard from the back seat, "It's better to get a receipt." That's my boy!

will smama said...

Too cute.

Sue said...

Can we have a shoe picture after the pedi??

]*

will smama said...

Sue, I will have to pray about that one.

ppb said...

]*

LadyBurg said...

New shoes! I must see them!

I'm feeling this overwhelming desire to go shoe shopping for some reason. See what you have done!?!

St. Casserole said...

But,BUT! You haven't been shopping with me!

Try it sometime. It's right up there with Mommy shopping!

I am delighted to hear that heavenly music is playing as the fog begins to lift for TDH.

yer boy is so cute!

Grace thing said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm so excited to have found RevGals...my hubbie is a little suspicious of the attention I'm giving you. Y'all are so interesting! And btw, TODAY we had one of those arguments you mentioned...always the same two themes, yes yes.