Okay, so I already wrote about the softball game but I wanted to throw some things out there that would help illustrate why we (and the rest of the league) are as excited as we are:
- They have no women on their team.
- We have five women on our team - all play.
- All of their players are in their 20's.
- 2 of our players our in their 20's - one of them is a woman.
- 2 of our players are in their teens (women) and the rest are in their upper 30's, 40's and 50's.
- Our oldest player is 58. His wife is of similar age. Both play.
- The team we beat was 6-0.
- The team we beat had outscored their opponents 91-22. 91 to 22!
- We also had outscored our opponents 56-45.
- At one point we were losing 17-1.
- We won 19-18.
Okay, I'm done now. Really.
Thank you for your time.
Now if you will excuse me I am working on how to fit this game into a sermon AND how to make it so that it takes the majority of my sermon. It's outdoor worship so I think I can get away with it, right?