Sunday, June 3, 2007

Ode to the Car Bed

Friends of ours gave us their son's car bed and we set it up for The Boy last night while he was at his grandparents'. I even sprung for sheets from the movie Cars - a movie he has never seen, but the boy LOVES cars. Today was his first time seeing it and sleeping in it.

Well, eventually he slept in it but first we had over two hours of an improvised diddy that I think is entitled: Big Car! I will never forget lyrics that included: "Bed... big car... BIG car... Big CAR!!! Tinkle, tinkle (his version of twinkle, twinkle) - awsome... yeah! [The Boy]'s car big. BIG CAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRR!"

Tomorrow we go to the zoo. That's quite a couple of days for a little boy!

9 comments:

LadyBurg said...

Too cute. I wish we all found such joy in simple things like a car bed. Although, I have to admit that a car bed is WAY cool! I might even be feeling a bit of jealousy!

A Year Acceptable said...

will smama-thanks for the zoolander comment. my cousin's sons' room is decked out in cars stuff. it is super cute. have fun!

PPB said...

awesome bed---and it seems to have prompted a budding singer-songwriter, too!

Songbird said...

Pretty cool!

cheesehead said...

Stories like this make me really miss when my almost 20-year-old was that age.

Don't blink.

more cows than people said...

what a lucky little boy! hope the zoo is a blast!

Girl said...

Yay!!! Wait 'til I tell TF!!

Listing Straight said...

Pictures? I really think we need some pictures...

And, print out this post and put it in his baby stuff---

the boy is lucky to have you and TDH as parents.

will smama said...

Pictures you now have and believe me Cheesehead I try to soak it ALL in.

And Ladyburg, towards the end of his nap yesterday I crawled in there and it was so NOT to comfort him... I never had a car bed.