Wednesday, July 18, 2007

I'm Not Ready to Make Nice

Artist/Band: Dixie Chicks


Lyrics for Song: Not Ready To Make Nice


Lyrics for Album: Taking The Long Way






Forgive, sounds good.


Forget, I'm not sure I could.


They say time heals everything,


But I'm still waiting




I'm through, with doubt,


There's nothing left for me to figure out,


I've paid a price, and i'll keep paying




I'm not ready to make nice,


I'm not ready to back down,


I'm still mad as hell


And I don't have time


To go round and round and round


It's too late to make it right


I probably wouldn't if I could


Cause I'm mad as hell


Can't bring myself to do what it is


You think I should




I know you said


Why can't you just get over it,


It turned my whole world around


and i kind of like it


I made by bed, and I sleep like a baby,


With no regrets and I don't mind saying,


It's a sad sad story


That a mother will teach her daughter


that she ought to hate a perfect stranger.


And how in the world


Can the words that I said


Send somebody so over the edge


That they'd write me a letter


Saying that I better shut up and sing


Or my life will be over




I'm not ready to make nice,


I'm not ready to back down,


I'm still mad as hell


And I don't have time


To go round and round and round


It's too late to make it right


I probably wouldn't if I could


Cause I'm mad as hell


Can't bring myself to do what it is


You think I should




Forgive, sounds good.


Forget, I'm not sure I could.


They say time heals everything,


But I'm still waiting...




Obviously it doesn't all apply but a lot more applies than doesn't.

No comments: