Thursday, August 23, 2007

Real Men of Genius

You know, I have had trouble with my samek's and my mem's before (I am speaking of the tattoo now). Back when I was in seminary I was a Yankee fan and I bought a hat that phonetically in Hebrew said 'Yankees'. Although the samek at the end of it kind of looked like a mem so my Yankee hating Hebrew prof laughed hysterically because translated that way 'YaNaKiM' means literally 'those who suck'.

My friend reminded me of these really great ads from Budweiser. I remember hearing one of them on the radio and having to pull over I was laughing so hard. My favorite one in this series (there are 3) is the last one, because there is nothing I enjoy more than eating a huge meat salad and responding proudly when anyone asks what I had for a lunch, "Why a salad, of course."

11 comments:

Songbird said...

"Of course. It's a salad, isn't it?"
I love that!

reverendmother said...

Also love the backup singers... "I don't see no lettuce..."

will smama said...

DEFINITELY RM! They crack me up EVERY time.

And I went to college with Cologne Guy.

cheesehead said...

You had me at
"Four gallons of cologne, and a plan."

Ha Ha Ha!

(Awesome Office Admin is now standing out in the hallway staring at me quizzically.)

reverendmother said...

Just coming back to read the comments cracks me up all over again!

ppb said...

I love these. There's one I heard this morning on the radio that salutes the man who invented the cooler on wheels.....perfect for the man who has everything, except a friend to help him carry the cooler.

Serena said...

even tho' I'm dial up and can't do the You Tube ... I'm LOL at all your humor.

LadyBurg said...

I LOVE these. The salad one is great. I like the steak salad that has french fries on top. It has lettice so you can still call it a salad! Yum!

Auntie Knickers said...

Funnily enough, this is exactly the image I get of guys who would drink Bud Light. Irony may have gone a little too far.

zorra said...

OK, must go fix the mascara....

Towanda said...

my Hebrew prof. taught us how to remember "suck" -- by remembering YaNKees suck!

He's a white sox fan...