Friday, August 31, 2007

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Seasons Change Edition

From reverend mother this week: It's Labor Day weekend here in the United States, also known as Summer's Last Hurrah. So let's say goodbye to summer and hello to the autumn. (People in other climes, feel free to adapt as needed.)

1. Share a highlight from this summer. (If you please, don't just say "our vacation to the Canadian Rockies." Give us a little detail or image. Help us live vicariously through you!)
Ummmmmm....... Okay, I really had to work on this one, but definitely having a mini-Montreat, NC moment and hearing Listing Straight preach at Presbyterian mecca.

2. Are you glad to see this summer end? Why or why not?
Hell. Yes.
I dare say you know why... although I am one who is always happy to see summer go. I like the cool, crisp weather.

3. Name one or two things you're looking forward to this fall.
Fall hikes with The Boy and the dog.

4. Do you have any special preparations or activities to mark the transition from one season to another? (Cleaning of house, putting away summer clothes, one last trip to the beach)
I transition clothes and clean the window sills and yes, there will be one last (and first) trip to the beach.

5. I'll know that fall is really here when: I smell leaves burning.

2 comments:

Listing Straight said...

Thanks- I'm glad our get together was a possibility and a good time. Thank you- it took quite a bit of effort for you to get there, and I REALLY appreciated it. You are a good friend.

And I agree. Hell. Yes. It is time for this summer to end.

Songbird said...

So say we all.