Saturday, November 17, 2007

Awkward!!!

So I have found that in order to keep sane through all of this I have to keep my sense of humor. When I talk to TDH I try to keep things on a friendly level and I try very hard not to think too much about how deep - and evil - the wounds are. Still, I do get my digs in like the shirt The Boy wore and when TDH mentioned that today was TOW2's birthday I asked him if he had gotten her pacifiers or sippy cups.

While working on my sermon, TDH's name popped up as online. I know his wireless internet has been working off and on and I was going to congratulate him on it being on via chat when I remembered that he was in neighboring state celebrating TOW2's birthday. The following chat ensued:

me: TOW2 has wireless? - couldn't resist ;)
TDH: Yes...wireless...ummmmm - now what...
me: Now what? You don't have to chat with me, if that is what you mean. I can give you an update on The Boy if you would like.
me: Or do you not want your girlfriend to know you are chatting with your wife?

He logged off soon after that.

Idiot. I am now in a phase where I am frustrated to be living a stereotype. TDH is in his 40's. TOW2 is in her 20's... I mean could we have not been just a little mroe original than that?

9 comments:

cheesehead said...

pacifiers...heh heh...sippy cups...

Good one!

KnittinPreacher said...

I saw growup footie pajamas at Target this week. Maybe send a pair as a birthday present. With a sippy cup or blankie.

Rev Dave said...

Summoning the TTOJ...

Cathy said...

I don't know which is harder - when they are 20 years younger, or 10 years older....

reverendmother said...

*He* is living the stereotype. I happen to think you're an original.

But if you're living a stereotype, it's of the fierce and fabulous and wickedly funny woman.

I'm sure it is hard too, and maddening and saddening. So.... (what's that shoulder thing again?)

Lauralew said...

The husband of one of my friends was dallying with a woman 20 years younger--she told him that it was too bad he wasn't man enough to be with a woman.

Ouch.

Postscript: They patched things up and are still together, and very happy. Occasionally that happens. I think it is rare, though.

IdentityMixed said...

Is she allowed to consume alcohol yet?

Presbyterian Gal said...

Well, sometimes the only way out is through. And you're certainly going through. God bless your humor in this.

As to the 40's/20's business....some of us mature and some of us mutate.

Songbird said...

My advice, for whatever it's worth: block him.
(Although, sippy cups, heh heh heh.)