Monday, November 26, 2007

I'm Fine... Really

Tonight I drop off The Boy with his grandparents and I will not see him again until Saturday morning.
Oh. My. Gawd.
Just reading that makes my breath catch.

I am heading to a place of pampering and quiet (my friend's house down south) to work on worship and sermon planning at least through Easter. This is something I usually do in August but somehow that got lost in the serious shuffle.

The Boy will be splitting his time between TDH and school and grandparents - he'll be fine. I know that. Really. And I will be fine too. I mean, going to the bathroom without a pint sized chaperone describing what I am doing is a luxury I am ready to embrace.

Still....

I'm fine... Really.

14 comments:

revrosa said...

Some of the things you are going through just knock the air out of the reader. \*/ (this stands for holding you up in prayer). May the days be productive and the time fly.

IdentityMixed said...

It won't be easy. But you will both be fine. And he'll be all sweet and lovey when you return - which is THE best!

LadyBurg said...

Think of those long uninterruped showers.....you'll miss him....but the showers will be nice.

Have fun!

more cows than people said...

may grace abound.

Magdalene6127 said...

(o)

Preacher Mom said...

This is so hard, but time away may very well help you be a better, more refreshed parent when you return. Kids are amazingly resilient. If only we could be . . .

Crimson Rambler said...

all peace to you, and safe return.

Towanda said...

peace and blessings

*[

Mary Beth said...

What they all said. Good for you for taking the time, and for sticking to it when you want to change your mind...

:)

Wyldth1ng said...

(o)

Kathryn said...

Just lots of love, really, while you negotiate this one...x

ElastiGirl said...

I like the \*/ thing...

Songbird said...

I hope you don't mind if I hug you this time instead. (((ws)))

RevHRod said...

I hope you are enjoying your time. Your words made me remember my girl as a toddler child congratulating me on my potty skills, "Good job, Mommy!"

Sometimes we need to just be with the grown ups. Enjoy your time and know that you will still be the beloved Mama when you and Will reunite.