Saturday, December 15, 2007

Quest for Perfection

Did you ever not do something because you wanted to be extra clever about it or make sure it was especially perfect? You think of options and you do a few things but mainly you plan on it being perfect and fun and witty and great... and then you run out of time.

I am running dangerously close of doing that for a couple of Christmas presents this year. Where did I lose a week?

Anyway, the lovely Songbird made me these gorgeous, phenomenal, eye-catching, jealousy-inducing socks and I should have posted about them MONTHS ago but I had BIG plans for being clever and witty and... well, you get the picture.

So, although I may not be perfection - nor this post - this socks most definitely are.

THANK YOU!!!









13 comments:

IdentityMixed said...

So very cozy looking!!

...and are you wearing pink? :)

will smama said...

No. No pink.

Identity Mixed said...

Oh come on... I see pinkish hues.

Drew said...

Definitely various and sundry shades of pink and lavender going on there. :-)

Cathy said...

Fraternal twin socks! I love them. It's making want to go ahead and finish mine!

Ok, Songbird, please share with us what kind of yarn and the colors, what size needles, etc. :)

Kathryn said...

They are gorgeous - as is their creator /and/ their owner :-) I do know so well what you mean re the search for the perfect present (managed one today, so am purring quietly) but you know, this of all years, you are the only person who would even raise an eyebrow if you gave everyone nothing but boxes of chocs.

Rev Kim said...

Those are beautiful and look so warm & cozy!

Songbird said...

That's just the light in the picture, they are definitely NOT in any way pink. The colors are pale blues and greens and sand colors, and the colorway is, I thought appropriately, "Beach." I made them from Knitty's Monkey pattern on Size 2 needles, and the yarn is, darn it, I can't remember the brand. I got it during the Big Event planning meeting in Georgia. I believe it's German.
Anyway, it's not pink.

IdentityMixed said...

Sorry Songbird. Just felt the WS needed some good jestering first thing on a Saturday morning. They are bee-autiful. And I agree that "Beach" sounds perfect.

Sue said...

Oh, those are SO lovely!!!

Rev Dr Mom said...

Oh, they are beautiful!

stinuksuk said...

What lovely and beautiful socks - the pattern, the colors! Songbird is so talented!!!
What a gift and grace to keep you cozy and soothe and comfort your spirit!

Lorna said...

lovely socks - hope they are keeping the toes warm on this night of all nights :)