Wednesday, December 19, 2007

REJOICE!!!!

WE HAVE POWER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Not only do we have electricity but I also managed to have the power to NOT reach through the phone and strangle the parishioner who was the first to get through after the alarm company's many calls and said, "You enjoy your vacation?!"
Lord, have mercy on his soul....
Speaking of the alarm company.... if the division of their service that keeps calling to say our ac power is low (ya THINK?!) and that our alarms are going off would coordinate with the service division that would tell me how to TURN IT OFF - well, that would be just great!
Things that are good....
My warm house.
Friends who called to say the power was on.
My parents for hosting 2 humans, a dog, a cat and a fish (the latter two are still there).
The electric companies from Illinios that are here to help. I waved and thanked each and every one as they headed back up the mountain where people are still without power.
My grateful dog who immediately celebrated by pooping in his own yard and settling down on the bean bag chair, under the tree, near the heating vent. Oh to be the dog.... (well, except for the pooping in the yard part. Thank God it never came to that).

8 comments:

cheesehead said...

Vacation?

Said parishioner can bite me!

Crimson Rambler said...

Ah, cheese! "How comfortable is a word in season." PBP, I'm SO GLAD your power's on again.

Songbird said...

Mercy, indeed!

Shawna Renee said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you have power. I lost power after an ice storm in KC in 2002, so I know how that goes.

I'm with cheeshead on the parishioner.

LadyBurg said...

Yippee! Welcome home!

I'm also with Cheesehead.

Sue said...

Cheesehead took the words right out of my mouth. Vacation indeed...

I'm glad you've got your power back.

I am actually ready to call upon the TToJ to bring a clue stick to my family doc, so perhaps they could drop off a can of whoop*ss at your parishioner's place on the way.

Drew said...

So when I caught this post title through me ol' Bloglines I saw the first line and thought of He Man and She-Ra which not only dates me, but also reveals my penchant for latent homoerotic and lesbian cartoons as a child.

Glad you have heat again me fine lass.

QuakerPastor said...

Reminds me of what the person in leadership for my congregation said after she reluctantly agreed to cancel church on Sunday morning
"Just go ahead and take the morning off..."
"Bite me" was just the beginning of my thoughts...