Thursday, January 24, 2008

Life is in the Details

I have lamented here before - in a post I cannot find in the time allotted to put this up - that it is the details that really push my buttons. You know, the proverbial feather on the camel's back. For instance, I am getting divorced. Fine. I get it. This I can handle, but the detail work of working out the financials just about pushes me over the edge. And little things like changing a name over and then having some computer somewhere switch it arbitrarily back so that you have to go through the whole process again.
Grrrrrrr!

Yesterday though I did some detail work on my very busy week/month/mid-life crisis with some help from my cruise director, Ladyburg. We just played for the afternoon and it was so great and so needed and so healing. It is amazing how far a relaxed lunch, pedis and a great movie (Juno) will take you.

Yeah for Ladyburg who has family coming in TODAY and has a schedule that makes mine look like child's play (well except for the inflicted mid-life crisis, that ride is all on my own).

9 comments:

Songbird said...

So jealous you got to play with each other yesterday!

Crimson Rambler said...

I think some playtime is going into next week's calendar...and obviously it's high time I investigated this pedicure business...I'm praying that this week you will find people who help you over the financial and bureaucratic hurdles

will smama said...

Ummm, Songbird? Care to rephrase that because I'm 12. And when Cheesehead gets here she is REALLY going to crack up.

cheesehead said...

Heeheeheehee

too late.

God_Guurrlll said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

God_Guurrlll said...

I'm jealous. I only get to play with myself. heeeee heeeeeeee

LadyBurg said...

I'll be your cruise director anytime! My toes look pretty and a bit darker red today. Isn't that strange!?! How do your's look?

Probably going to see Juno again - not that we know she does not get hit by a truck. :)

IdentityMixed said...

Thanks for ruining the movie for me Ladyburg!

:) Hee Hee... you played with each other

Sue said...

So jealous!!

You had a play date with Ladyburg, AND cheesehead is coming to visit!!??

Enjoy!