Wednesday, January 30, 2008

memory countdown....

No comments necessary, I just need to get these out... kind of like an exorcism.

On our honeymoon the only money I brought was some cash one of the bridesmaids had given me to reimburse for her dress. He was stunned that I had not brought any of my own money. I just did what I always saw my parents do - my Dad paid. He was so flustered by this that we ended up buying only one souvenir from our honeymoon and we SPLIT the cost. We used to both crack up at this story.

I still tell this story when I am doing premarital counseling and bringing up the MAIN THING couples need to negotiate how they are going to handle - money.

11 comments:

cheesehead said...

(o)

Jane Ellen+ said...

]*

Chorus said...

(o)

imngrace said...

Good, in fact VERY good advice for couples who are considering the "M" word. I had a similar experience--it lasted 15 years past the honeymoon!
Keep healing. Prayers are there.

Crimson Rambler said...

*[

Reverend Dona Quixote said...

(o)

PK said...

Amen... on the marriage counseling advice.

Songbird said...

(o)

Sue said...

]*

St. Casserole said...

]*

Mary Beth said...

Amen. Hallelujah! and

*]