Friday, January 11, 2008

Some Things...

Note to Self: Meeting of Presbytery's uber-committee and leadership of uber-committee's only slightly less uber subcommittee SHALL NOT BE in the same week as Session Retreat.
Nor shall the latter be followed by introductory Deacon's meeting after worship.

TDH has returned from southern phallic state from a one and a half hour service for the deceased. He confirmed that it was who we had been told in the box (I just wanted to be sure).

I once again participated in the exercise of humiliation known as me asking TDH if he wanted to come home and work on our marriage. He declined. This will hopefully be the last exercise of this sort as things should be final in a few weeks. And really there are a few positives:
a) I have noted that each time I participate in this exercise of humiliation (average about once a month when the guilt/reflection on what committment really means gets to me) anyway, every time I participate the sting to the face of rejection seems to be less and less.

b) It is further confirmation that there really is nothing more I can do.

c) I can through choosing the right channels ("leaks to the press") assure my congregation that there is nothing this particular clergy person can do to stop the divorce... even if she IS clergy.

I am grateful that The Boy woke up this morning - early - and immediately went downstairs to play with his train table and retrieved his own juice (that I had made last night) from the refrigerator.

And I am grateful that just as I was lamenting how my almost 3 year old is going on 15 with all of that independence he came upstairs and got into the shower with me because he was afraid I was playing with his boat. For the record, I was not.

If someone could write my communion meditation for Sunday, that would be great!

15 comments:

I am Chorus said...

Two WONDERFUL things to be grateful for! God bless The Boy indeed.

Grace, Every Day said...

Yes, the sting receeds...sounds like you are making forward progress. Never easy, and it will bite you anew from time to time - but each time, you'll heal quicker. Better. Faster.

So sorry for your struggle but hopeful that grace will abound even more.

Praise God for your little man...

esperanza said...

a small, sad sigh on your behalf. Continuing to be sorry for this yucky-ness and continuing to pray for you.

And just make sure you keep your hands off the Boy's boat!

more cows than people said...

sighing with esperanza.

and giggling about the boat.

if a meditation ever comes together for me, you can have it too.

Songbird said...

Wait! I thought you were writing mine!!!

DogBlogger said...

Also giggling about the boat!

Mary Beth said...

Tarnation! you have tried so many times. I think you get to stop asking that now. Just IMHO.

Can I play with the boat?

will smama said...

You're right Mary Beth, you are absolutely right.

And, no.

imngrace said...

You are so done with the asking--been there done that.

And, for the record, you are committed--committed to moving on and healing and being the best you can be for you, The Boy, and your congregation. Keep the faith.

Listing Straight said...

]*...

Mark Smith said...

You may just have to buy your own boat.

Sue said...

]*

God bless you and the Boy.

LadyBurg said...

Come on, you were soooo playing with the boat. I know you were!

Cathy said...

The sting gets less and less.... oh how I have been there.

The gratefulnesses outweigh the sting.

Buy another boat.

RevHRod said...

So what if you WERE playing with the boat! Chucks, hugs and prayers headed your way.