Friday, February 1, 2008

memory countdown......

2/1/1996 - A knee is bent. A ring is slipped onto a finger. A promise is made.

2/1/2008 - A paper is signed. The ring is long gone. A promise is legally broken.


It's done.



Thanks for putting up with me this week. Lord knows it hasn't been pretty, but for ten years it was. It really was. My hope is that all of that memory-letting will allow me to more freely turn the corner... and find the next rainbow.

------------------------------

Above was the post I originally planned to put up today. But in what I now recognize as classic TDH fashion, he has asked that we postpone signing the papers. His family's particular strand of passive-aggressive virus is to let other people do the work on any kind of decision and at the last second weigh in and shift plans. It is the ultimate Pussy Power Play.

To say I am infuriated and frustrated is the understatement of the year. Those ten years were relatively great and the memories are usually good but to have them forever tainted by this past 8+ months of public pain, humiliation, nausea and frustration is something I just might not be able to forgive.

Prayers that this might soon be over, for my son whose birthday is Monday, for diligence in the process...

And prayers of Thanksgiving that as TDH makes his way over here this morning that there are no weapons in the house.

24 comments:

DogBlogger said...

(((((Will Smama)))))

]*

Kathryn said...

Many prayers and so much love ]*

peripateticpolarbear said...

argh.

cheesehead said...

Unbelievable.

((((((WS)))))))
(my classic fifteen minute hug)

Linda said...

My thoughts are with you. That passive aggressive shit really sucks!

esperanza said...

I was going to say what ppb said, even spelled the same. So, "argh" again on your behalf. Prayers abound for all of you, especially for you and the boy.

QuakerPastor said...

What Crap! Sorry, Sorry, Sorry.

Althea N. Agape said...

his peace I give to you.

you need it and I have more ire than peace to give at the moment....

imngrace said...

Been there, done that. Sometimes still have to do it. I know a guy named Vinny....

NE/ME said...

I am a new reader. I have been through it too - after 32 years and publicly, but on a smaller scale. I understand your feelings and pain - I had them too and still have them sometimes, damn it, and after five years of moving on...The passive agressive stuff is very hard and not fair- at all! Sending prayers, Liz
My Mom always said it was a good thing we didn't have a gun in the house 'cause it would have been used... Dad was a minister and they were married for 45 years!

Towanda said...

sheesh.

(((ws)))

Grace, Every Day said...

((((willsmama)))) and prayers...

zorra said...

]*

IdentityMixed said...

What a fuck.

Gord said...

WHAt could possibly said to follow that? I second IdentityMixed.

(((ws and The Boy)))

revrosa said...

(o). rowing for you tonight...

Songbird said...

You know how I feel about this. Too, too much.

juniper68 said...

Thirding Identitymixed. And a couple of other choice swears, too....

will smama said...

Thank you all for rallying. It is more than 24 hours since I first realized this was not going to happen and I am still fuming.

ne/me welcome and identity mixed, you sound like someone who has been hurt by his transformation and of course, you are. Next time, you and I will go to Hawaii instead!

Mary Beth said...

How long, oh Lord!?

Maybe this was in case you were not sure.

I am SO sorry.

Love.

Sue said...

What identity mixed said, plus a few expletives on the side.

]*

St. Casserole said...

]*

Reformed Catholic said...

THUD ... (the sound of a jaw dropping to the floor).

I'd go ahead and sign the papers hand them to my attorney, then have the attorney's work it out.

You don't need to take this, s..., er stuff any longer.

jo(e) said...

(o)