Thursday, February 28, 2008

Some Thoughts

Here are some things I never thought I would know...

a) You get a certificate for divorce. It does not, however, come with a frame or with nice calligraphied handwriting.

b) There must have been a bulk rate on ugly paper because it is printed on some seriously ugly, light brown paper with...

c) Purple ink. Purple ink? Who made that call? I gotta tell you, I would have been the conservative one suggesting that they just go with 'black' during the what-ink-should-we-use-on-the-divorce-decree discussion.
-----------------

You all have been so kind with your support and reminders that I am not alone. I am quite sure that this is yet another situation why Hallmark stopped using the tag line, "We have a card for everything," because they just really don't have a 'Sorry, but not really because we have known this was coming and now at least you can move on but still sorry because even just a year ago NONE of us saw this coming' card.

I have come up with yet another one of my detailed analogies for what this feels like:
It is like finally ripping the band-aid all the way off and realizing that although the wound is healing nicely and will continue to get better there is always going to be a scar there.

This concludes my report.
Peace, friends.

10 comments:

Warm Blanket said...

Certificate? Purple ink? Wow. I didn't get either of those things when I got divorced last year. Just a legal document of 'dissolution.' Made me wander around for a few days wondering about my marriage being dissolved, like salt in water, invisible.

Clearly I should have gotten divorced in YOUR state. If you have to live through the experience, the least they owe you is a certificate. Though they should definitely stick with black ink.

Songbird said...

Hey, *I* didn't get a certificate for that!
Scars fade, but it takes time. Still here for you.

peripateticpolarbear said...

Or blue. blue is an okay ink color. And what's with the not white paper?

Cathy said...

Maybe because it is Lent that it is purple???

Yeah there will always be a scar, but like Songbird said... it will fade.

I have a scar. It does fade.

Hugs or handshake....

PK said...

*[

cheesehead said...

A certificate? Seriously?

Damn.

]*

Kathryn said...

As you say, there aren't words ]*

Mary Beth said...

Well said.

I didn't get a nice calligraphied marriage certificate, even.

Rev Scott said...

Mine was black ink on white paper, too - maybe someone was having one of those "let's mess with folks" days at the records office.

As if you needed more messing, eh?

Glad, however, that the healing continues.

RevHRod said...

There is a theory that after bones break and mend, they are stronger. I hope this is true for you. And purple and brown? Someone was really feeling silly when they ordered the office supplies!