Friday, March 7, 2008

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Hope Edition

I am headed to the east side of the state this weekend to hang out with my Mom and sister for my Mom's big birthday. The Boy is going down to southern state with his father for his grandfather's memorial service. I am glad for the former and hope it keeps my mind off of the latter.


Seems like a good time for a hope-filled Friday five but it has been a tough week with a lot of rowing and I am not sure I see it. At least I know it's there...


What have you seen/ heard this week that was a :

1. Sign of hope?

Friends who continue to walk with me.


2. An unexpected word of light in a dark place?

Phone call


3. A sign of spring?

The tell-tale tickle in my throat... the dull headache. Nothing says 'spring' like seasonal allergies.


4. Challenging/ surprising?

Please. Don't get me started.


5. Share a hope for the coming week/month/year....

Coming week - get out of this funk

Coming month - c-r-u-i-s-e

Coming year - new life


Bonus play... a piece of music/ poem guaranteed to cheer you?

Okay, I am going to be slightly less cultured and say a movie clip. And I am going to be even LESS cultured and say it is a Jim Carrey movie clip. I like funny, but I am not usually a fan of over-the-top funny. But in the second Ace Ventura movie when he finds out what they are looking for and he starts to describe why the only animal he cannot stand is the Bat... I crack up laughing EVERY time.
I'm not proud.

5 comments:

DogBlogger said...

Wow, your bonus is a brave confession! It's okay; we all have our weaknesses....

Good play. See you on the cruise.

RevHRod said...

Your bonus play almost, almost, makes me want to see the movie. But then again....

;-)

Have a great trip this weekend and I hope the Boy's trip goes well.

Kathryn said...

Rowing...

God_Guurrlll said...

hey, I love to watch Austin Powers. I have half the first movie memorized. "YEAH BABY YEAH!!!"

See you on the cruise. I can't wait!!!!

Jiff said...

I crack up at that moment, too. I'm more proud of it because I've learned that I'm in good company.