Thursday, March 13, 2008

Update

Had a WONDERFUL weekend spoiling my Mom for her 65th birthday. My sister and I treated her to an all expense paid weekend in Philly complete with a day at the Philadelpia Flower Show, incredibly good food and an on-stage appearance during Menopause The Musical.

Both shows were far more entertaining than I could have hoped and it was a blast to treat my Mom to a really great weekend.

Unfortunately, my Mom and I did both receive as a parting gift a weird illness where the fever never seems to go away, you can only hope to contain it. Certainly not what anyone needs but with a funeral this week and now the heat not working in my home it seems like the universe is aiming at me again.

My current mantra?

In two weeks I will be on a boat.

11 comments:

cheesehead said...

Woo Hoo!!

Wait...are there going to be rug rats on that boat?

LadyBurg said...

Sorry about the fever. That sucks!

I so with I was going to be on the boat with you. It will be tons of fun!

Kathryn said...

oh we WILL
And at the moment that's about all that#s keeping me going too...I've just demolished half my bookshelves here, and the contents are boxed for the move...and I've said goodbye to my little fishes..and...oh goodness...too much happening all round. But we will get there and we will all be together and all shall be well :-)

Songbird said...

Boat.
Boat.
Boat.
My mantra.

"Ms. Cornelius" said...

"Ooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, many boats may huuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmm."

That's from the Princess Cruise Sutra.

Sue said...

Bummer about the illness/fever. I hope everyone feels better soon.

I do wish I were heading to the boat. Have you arranged for your Love Boat massage, or is that something you do once you board? I bet they do pedicures too!

mibi52 said...

Oh, how I wish I was going with you! I could really use some lounge chair time, but it's just not meant to be this year. You are so deserving of some pampering. Enjoy!

zorra said...

Yes!!!

RevHRod said...

There will be rugrats on the boat. Good news- they won't be OUR rugrats.

GodGuurrll said...

I can't wait for the boat trip. it's the only thing keeping me going through heck week.

Lorna said...

get better. and I'm green with envy about the cruise!