Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Clicking My Heels

And so I am now somewhere over the rainbow and involved in a lectionary study group which after day 1 has been such a blessing. I am not an academic and I don't know many of the others here and yet I have felt quite welcome.

When you are presenting academic/exegetical/homiletical papers surrounded by folks who have opened their Greek and Hebrew texts FAR more recently than you AND who won awards in seminary at graduation, rather than on the flag football field, it can be quite intimidating. But these folks seem to be my kind of people and so far I am hanging in there.

Of course, I don't present until Thursday and Friday and there is something beautiful to be said about that.

Listing Straight is here as is Reverend Mother and ShyChiRev. It's good. And I am once again grateful to the BE because if THIS had been my first post-Easter stop, it would NOT have been good for anybody.

12 comments:

ElastiGirl said...

very cool - good for you!!

Songbird said...

I'm sure you will knock those papers out of the park! (not a flag football metaphor)

cheesehead said...

I'm very envious of them. They get to hang with you.

Have a great week!

hesed

DogBlogger said...

(o)

esperanza said...

Ooh. Have fun. And yikes on the lightning-struck plane. Glad you're in tis right place at this right time.

Kathryn said...

Hooray...good news! Enjoy :-)

St. Casserole said...

say hey to everyone!

you don't have to apologize for anything anywhere and further more, the folks holding the GK and Hebrew texts are really covering up the People Magazine hidden inside.

RevHRod said...

What fun! And I know they'll love what you have to say. I just know it!

Sue said...

You will be great! You have a very enthusiastic group of cheerleaders here!

*reaches for pom poms*

Go WS! Go WS!

RevDrKate said...

absolutely what they all said...you will be great...have fun with it! People learn better when they are happy...I think I heard that somewhere....if not I should have.

will smama said...

You all are too good and kind. Sue, I have been thinking about you here mainly in the Dorothy/Kansas/Wizard of Ox theme.

rdk - love that last line.

Jiff said...

What great fun.
Have a big time!