Friday, April 4, 2008

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: God Revealed Edition

With this Sunday's gospel reading in mind, that wonderful revelation of Christ to the companions on the Emmaus road. I wonder where you might have been surprised by God's revelation recently.

So with no further waffle I offer you this weeks Friday 5:

How has God revealed him/herself to you in a:


1. Book
Here is where I reveal that I have read nothing of importance in a very long time but I have high hopes for the book on my desk that I have read a few paragraphs and have become intrigued: Practicing Our Faith, Dorothy C. Bass, ed.

2.Film

Horton Hears a Who. Not because it was in any way revelatory, but because it was The Boy's first BIG movie and he sat on my lap (so that the theater chair didn't flip him) and we snuggled through the whole thing while I listened to him giggle and tell me not to be scared because it was just a movie and I took liberal sniffs of his sweet head and neck.

3. Song
As I struggled with life immediately pre-BE I heard a George Strait song called I Saw God Today. As I am a person who sometimes misses God in the details I really appreciate this song and appreciated the moment when I first heard it.

4. Another person
Absolutely, all of them:



5. Creation

Bonus answer: your choice- share something encouraging/ amazing/ humbling that has happened to you recently!
While international geocaching I suddenly realized that I actually cared how Vicar of Hogsmeade felt and wanted so badly a victory for her. When you are in survival mode, you don't care about anyone else so I considered the fact that I actually did to be a sign that I was getting better.

18 comments:

Sue said...

Excellent five ws...

Diane said...

yes, great. you make me feel like I am at that movie with you and The Boy.

cheesehead said...

Wonderful play.
Mmm...baby neck. Nothing smells better.

Hey! I recognize that photo!

PK said...

Amen to baby necks... and RGBP tattoos...

Cathy said...

I have seen that coastline of Cozumel and wish I could have been with that group of friends. But my spirit was with each and every one of you. It gives me so much happiness and joy that it was so rejuvenating and life giving to you.

Sally said...

I love your bonus answer, and can relate to it too.

Ruby said...

They do smell great, don't they? The smell of pure innocence. I bet he's glad you're home.

The Vicar of Hogsmeade said...

uh ... quit making me cry

DogBlogger said...

I have a feeling we'll all be making each other laugh and cry for a while yet.

Good play, WS.

RevAnne said...

I wish I had a solidarity tattoo. Ben would have a cow, and it would have to be temporary--I do NOT do needles.
I tried geocaching on a vacation not long ago; never could find the box. Maybe I should try again, for the Adventure of it (there's something very Winnie-the-Poohish about Adventures).

RevDrKate said...

Here's to healing! Love that bonus. Sweet play.

zorra said...

Great play.
I heart you.

Althea N. Agape said...

that George Strait song is really something. Reminds you to keep looking....
Great play!

Singing Owl said...

Oh, will smama, every one of those answers was wonderful! You are getting better. You are. :-)
I'm so glad.

Thursday's Child said...

Your bonus is something I relate to too....

Kathryn said...

Love you. Alot. xx
PS Oh my goodness, the word verification is Ahoyvx...which sounds kind of suitable, no?

Mary Beth said...

Excellent play!

We used the Bass book for a women's group study. It is a pretty good one.

Baby neck. Ah.

mid-life rookie said...

Hey, does that mean you have two oars now and are rowing more forward and less in a circle?