Tuesday, May 6, 2008

A Whole New Season

First, the baby bunny update... they're fine. I checked on them this afternoon and it was apparant that Mamma had added some of her fur and some more grass to their weeded - and therefore exposed - nest. They already looked a lot bigger... almost cute. Not quite though... still a bit too 'slithery' for that.

In other news our church team had its first softball game. If you have been checking in on this blog for awhile you know that
softball is a pretty consistent theme here at will smama's house. This was the first time in a long time that I was on the field without the artist formerly known as my spouse. In fact, here at Friendly Church he was the only manager anyone knew.

We are in a new league (emphasis on fun, not competition), we have new shirts and a new manager. I am even wearing a new number since I figured my anniversary date is no longer a good luck number.

It was fun. The Boy had a blast and got filthy dirty and it is nice to be home post-game and not have to discuss every detail of it for hours on end.

Just one more step in the right direction...

9 comments:

Identity Mixed said...

Any time it gets to be too much, just imagine my husband running past MF around the bases after she fell.

Towanda said...

Play ball, ws!

The Vicar of Hogsmeade said...

Play ball indeed!

Songbird said...

Sounds like a grand slam to me!
(See, I know baseball words.)

God_Guurrlll said...

Thank you for making me smile! Peace and love!

St. Casserole said...

bunnies and baseball....yippee

I love hearing that the Boy was filthy dirty and happy. Is Summer great or what?

you making great steps, girlie

Mary Beth said...

This is an awesome set of changes (the softball) and makes me smile all over my face.

thanks for sharing it. Woot!

cheesehead said...

Yay for new leagues and new shirts!

I too love hearing about a filthy happy Boy. I miss the musty sweet smell of a dirty little kid...sniff.

Chorus said...

Sigh... I miss softball, and this post made me want to get back to it!