Friday, August 1, 2008

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Barricade Edition

1) How do you amuse yourself when road construction blocks your travel?


First, by calming myself down. If the traffic is VERY stopped then I have actually gotten out and hung out with the other folks that ventured out of their cars. If stop and go then I try to figure out the next available option around the traffic.


2) Have you ever locked yourself out of your house? (And do you keep an extra key somewhere, just in case?)
Yes. Right now I have people with extra keys but I really should put one around the house somewhere.




3) Have you ever cleared a hurdle? (And if you haven't flown over a material hurdle, feel free to take this one metaphorically.)
Please. I am the Queen of Hurdles - literally and metaphorically... okay, mainly metaphorically. My advice?
Just. Keep. Rowing.


4) What's your approach to a mental block?
I go on walk about or find a friend to chat with either on the computer or otherwise. A shower sometimes works too.





5) Suggest a caption for the picture above...
"So.... that Hands Across America thing.... that's still going on, right? 'Cause I'm starting to feel weird."

14 comments:

esperanza said...

LOVE the caption.

DogBlogger said...

Yep. LOVE it.

ElastiGirl said...

Great Play - love the caption!

RevDrKate said...

too funny!!!

Identity Mixed said...

Like the caption!

Sophie's Daughter said...

great caption! too funny!

mid-life rookie said...

Queen of hurdles indeed and with elegance (see Songbird's 5). Love the caption. You are indeed creative.

Chorus said...

Great caption!!

Auntie Knickers said...

Funny! VERY funny!

Songbird said...

Hurdles are all about getting your rhythm, and I believe you have yours now.

PK said...

We hereby pronounce you the most queenly of high hurdles... not only did you jump them... you did it with grace and style... and your crown remained firmly in place!

will smama said...

Thank you all for your kind compliments on my hurdling abilities. Much like the winner of Comeback Player of the Year, I humbly accept your accolades and the award but hope to NEVER be in the running again.

lorna (see throughfaith) said...

This cracked me up :) Thanks!

congrats on the peep's award! Well-played!

concretegodmother said...

your caption is pretty darn good! :-)