Monday, September 15, 2008

Math Skilz

I went to Wendy's for a post-gym snack and their usual daytime cashier was there. His name is Bill and he is nice, efficient, and patient (I have been there with a screaming child). He is also mentally challenged.

Today he gave me my change and for some inexplicable reason I didn't think the change was right even after running it through my head a few more times and so in order to take the honest route I gave him a nickel back and said, "This is for you."

He looked at me funny and put it in his pocket which confused me for about five seconds until I realized that I had been wrong in the math and instead of looking honest... I had insulted the man by appearing to give him a 5 cent tip.

Her name is will smama. She is nice, efficient, and patient (I have seen her there with a screaming child).

She is also mentally challenged.

7 comments:

Songbird said...

I hate when that happens.

cheesehead said...

((ws))

MumPastor said...

right there with you will smama - yesterday IN MY SERMON TWICE I said that 70 time 7 is 4900 - and I have TWO DEGREES from MIT! no joke. DUHHHHHHH.

BTW, I have been following your blog from RGBP and have now started my own...I love your writing.

God_Guurrlll said...

I prefer to call you special.

Ever since I left my previous life as an accountant I can't do math in my head to save my life. Looks like all my skilz were sucked out of me.

Peace and love,

Teri said...

oy! This is why I just put all the change in whatever little cause/bucket/jar is near the register, in hopes that I won't have to count it....

Identity Mixed said...

Awesome.

1-4 Grace said...

I so so suck at math!
I gave up trying a long time ago