Thursday, October 30, 2008

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Positive Potpourri Edition

Some loser did the Friday Five over at the revgalblogpals this week:

1) Your work day is done and the brain is fried, what do you do?
Facebook or other ways of touching base with friends. Also, I have re-engaged in a knitting project and that has been fun.

2) Your work week is done and the brain is fried (for some Friday, others Sunday afternoon), what do you do?
Hopefully nap, but if not playing with The Boy and eating something yummy works too.

3) Like most of us, I often keep myself busy even while programs are on the tv. I stop to watch The Office and 30 Rock on Thursday nights. Do you have 'stop everything' tv programming or books or events or projects that are totally 'for you' moments?
Well, The Office and 30 Rock get my full attention. I also like to make stuff in the kitchen with The Boy which I NEVER pre-child saw myself wanting to do... or at least enjoying.

4) When was the last time you laughed, really laughed? What was so funny?
Tonight, things were a bit nutty as my Mom and I were transitioning The Boy from being dropped off by his Dad, dinner and then out to trick or treat. In the midst of organized chaos he said, "You girls are driving me crazy!"
Such comedic timing for a not-even-4 year old.

5) What is a fairly common item that some people are willing to go cheap on, but you are not.
Soft toilet paper. Life is too short to not have cushy, 2 ply.

Bonus: It's become trite but is also true that we often benefit the most when we give. Go ahead, toot your own horn. When was the last time you gave until it felt good?
The knitting project I am working on is a prayer shawl for a ministry that is just getting off the ground in our church. I was given one almost 5 years ago and it meant so much to me. I told The Boy what I was doing, making a blanket for someone, and he said, "For someone who is crying?"
It's a cool project and a fun, soft way to reach out to someone who is hurting.

23 comments:

1-4 Grace said...

Funny comment for the Boy.
Also, I love the prayer shawl ministy too. We have added making premmie babie hats and hats/scarves for the homeless.

Jan said...

My eldest daughter would agree with you about the toilet paper; while I buy cheap one-ply. Oh, well.

SpiritMists said...

You know, I never really appreciate nice toilet paper til I'm somewhere where it's REALLY cheap. I'm with you on that one!

Processing Counselor said...

I'm with you on the TP

esperanza said...

Absolutely, positively, must-have good toilet paper. I will eat beans and rice to finance my tp.

Sally said...

:-) gotta love the comic timing of an almost 4 year old!!!

DogBlogger said...

Wow, great play! I think I may duplicate your answer to #5 when I post my answers.

I've missed you lately. Have you seen the new dog at my place?

Mrs. M said...

Man-- no kidding about the toilet paper. That didn't even occur to me as something people went cheap on!

QuakerPastor said...

Oh yeah...toilet paper. Another one to add to my list :)
Good questions and good play!
Blessings and Peace, QP

aka The Swandive said...

Rock on with the two ply! Thanks for the great 5.

RevDrKate said...

Also doing prayers shawls...it's a good thing. Your kid is so awesome!

"PS" (a.k.a. purple) said...

We agree on the TP issue. Thanks for hosting today.

Sue said...

Isn't it beautiful how children understand ministry/pastoral needs in such an honest way?

And I totally agree on the TP.

Crimson Rambler said...

dear esperanza, you live on beans and rice you gonna NEED the 2 ply, darlin'.
ws, good to hear your voice again!

Hot Cup Lutheran said...

you do mr. whipple proud!

happy knitting....

Muthah+ said...

your priorities are right on --soft TP

Lauralew said...

Good TP, oh you bet.

Diane said...

Good for you on the prayer shawl! I'll feel so good when mine is done. (it's a first effort, so don't know who it'll go to.)

EmJayDee said...

The Boy sounds so great. In both quotes. Thank you so much for a really great F5

Deb said...

All you knitters are inspiring me. Maybe one day I will learn how not to make it look like a cat's toy...
:)
d

Beach Walkin said...

Thanks for hosting yesterday... and for stopping by. It's been a while since you posted... and I was beginning to worry a little. Hope all is well... it sounds like it might be going A OK at home with The Boy.

I think you were absolutely correct about the toilet paper... that's another place that I NEVER cut corners.

God_Guurrlll said...

Good tp is an essential part of my self care.

Meshuganah said...

4 ply is softer and better than 2 ply.
uhhhhh!!!!!!