Friday, December 19, 2008

Friday Five: Countdown to Christmas Edition

It's true.

There are only five full days before Christmas Day, and whether you use them for shopping, wrapping, preaching, worshiping, singing or traveling or even wishing the whole darn thing were over last Tuesday, there's a good chance they will be busy ones.

So let's make this easy, if we can: tell us five things you need to accomplish before Christmas Eve.

Well, I just happen to have the list right in front of me! But that is just today's and it is heavy on the clerical side so I'll take from the bigger list:

1) 12/24 evening bulletin

2) Yell at and hopefully receive 40 missing Christmas cards from company

3) Finish wrapping so I can PUT IT AWAY!!!!

4) Make cookies with Will and Gram.

5) Convince my father that his 12/24 birthday will be celebrated far better if we do it later in the week (CHECK! This one is done.)

BONUS: Not. Get. Sick.

15 comments:

Althea N. Agape said...

You're going to yell at Christmas cards ??

(ducking and running)

Kathrynzj said...

Hee, hee - I already did that last night as I realized that I may have accidentally doubled up the pictures in 1 or 2 envelopes, maybe 3 - but certainly not 40. grrrrrrrr

the reverend mommy said...

baking cookies ... what a wonderful idea. Have fun!

Mary Beth said...

I'm working on the bonus, myself.

Songbird said...

Epic fail on the bonus for me. Good luck to you on all things!

Jane Ellen+ said...

Birthdays are commonly movable feasts in our world. Glad to see your father is amenable to the tradition!

zorra said...

Staying home as much as possible to accomplish the bonus (and make cookies, today).
Happy Birthday to your dad.

RevHRod said...

This is the first time in a long time that I haven't dealt with bronchitis during Advent. I am sorry to say that it may have been achieved by not leading worship. Hmmmm..... Stay well! It's no fun being sick when you have lots of preaching to do!

RevDrKate said...

Amen to the bonus sister! And you TELL those cards where to go and stay!

cheesehead said...

Good play!

Incidentally, I think that if I read the Friday Five more often I might be a little quicker on the uptake if you know what I mean.

Beach Walkin said...

Cards? We are supposed to do cards? No one told me!!!!!!!!

Wrapping? We should have started wrapping? No one told me!!!!!!

Cookies? We need to bake cookies? No one told me!!!!!

Whew... I'm good on the bulletin... and I nearly forgot my momma's b-day yesterday... but I did call her!

Bonus... no. plan. to. get. sick!

Kathryn said...

Let's all play the bonus game together...Your list has lovely things along the way - I have so failed as a mother that the Dufflepud is going to have to bake as well as ice the Christmas cake this year, or there won't be one. Cookie making sounds like therapy of the best variety

QuakerPastor said...

We Quakes listen or claim to listen every Sunday ;)

Nice play, nice new blog...
Happy Holidays,
QP

St. Casserole said...

Hey. Merry Christmas to you!

Beach Walkin said...

Merry Christmas! Keeping you in my prayers... and teh boy too!