Friday, February 20, 2009

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Taking a Break Edition

Songbird writes:
Where we live, it's February School Vacation Week!

Yes, that's an odd thing, a vacation extending President's Day. But it's part of our lives here. Some people go South or go skiing, but we always stay home and find more humble amusements.

In that spirit, I offer this Taking a Break Friday Five. Tell us how you would spend:


1. a 15 minute break
Refilling my glass of water, staring out the window or if it is warm enough stepping outside and taking a deeeeeeeeeep breath.

2. an afternoon off
Check and see if any of my friends are around to meet for coffee, relax with the laptop and potentially nap.

3. an unexpected free day
See #2 but make the nap definite!

4. a week's vacation
I am particularly terrible at the 'stay-cation' although my hope is that moving off campus will help that. I am a Jersey shore girl so give me some fresh ocean air and sand no matter WHAT time of year. I also enjoy bringing Will to new places or visiting my sister and her husband.

5. a sabbatical
My hope is that when I someday achieve the sabbaticalit will include time in a warm, spiritual place and a trip to Scotland.

On a side note, I too grew up in an area that did two weeks of spring break - one in February and one in April - rather than giving us a Columbus day here and a President's day there. For my money that makes MUCH more sense!

3 comments:

Songbird said...

I think you could find many friends eager to do #5.

Jennifer said...

I am a Jersey Shore girl, too!(Cape May)
You'll get that sabbatical and it will be great!

Reformed Catholic said...

As a Jersey Shore guy (Seaside Hgts every year till I was 17 with the family), I can relate.

However, having been to Scotland twice, I advise to save up for that trip and go whenever you can put two weeks or more together !!