Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Justified


I ordered one of these this morning. 16gb.

I am pretty excited about it and only feeling a little guilty about it. I have been looking for a communication middle ground between email/internet only at home or in the office and the other extreme of paying $30-$50 p/month over regular cell phone fees for the honor of having everyone have access to me at all times.

I was looking for a way to keep my iPod Classic (isn't it weird that something I have had for only over a little over two years is a 'Classic') in the office but still have one to play at home.

Once I found out the apps include Facebook and Google Calendars, it really was a no-brainer.

But in case you need further convincing.... when I was setting up my office at my first church straight out of seminary I mentioned to the (now) ex that I would like a nice radio/cd player. He scrounged around in his plentiful boxes and found a transistor radio circa: 1960's which included tan fabric speaker and wooden encasing. It never worked right.

So my gift to me is buying the 'radio' that I want this time.











Can I justify any purchase or what?!

7 comments:

Songbird said...

Well played, though I don't understand what you mean about choosing between internet at home or office. Are you really doing that?

Kathrynzj said...

I meant only at home AND in the office. I like the idea of being able to connect (with a wireless hotspot) off-site.

Also, it has been shipped!

Songbird said...

There are definitely times I wish for that, too. So with the iTouch you can do certain limited Internet functions, plus have music, without the million dollar cell phone charges? (This seems to good to be true, although I think my Kindle uses similar technology.)

Lomagirl said...

Justification- a talent of lawyers and preachers.
(And God, if you want to get really religious about it!)
I bought myself an expensive pair of boots when I landed my job fulltime- rewards are good!

Reformed Catholic said...

Can I justify any purchase or what?!

As my wife often tells me:

Man is not a rational animal, but a rationalizing animal!!

Jan said...

Strictly speaking, I didn't need a new watch but on the first anniversary of leaving an abusive, adulterous marriage, I bought myself one. Entirely of my own choosing, just what I wanted in design and material and paid for by myself, rather than grudgingly bought.

In just a couple of months, it's had a lot of use.

I think it was something I needed to do and your purchase is along the same lines.

sue said...

徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿