This is just me sitting in my virtual coffee house throwing out random thoughts as I do research/prayer/thinking about this Sunday's sermon:
Scripture: Numbers 21:4-9; Psalm 107:1-3, 17-22; Eph. 2:1-10; John 3:14-21
Working Title: Snakes on a Plain
- Wholeness and Healing is also going to be a part of this service
- I have pulled out the sermon from three years ago, mainly hoping to cut down on research time since I am in a new position with a lot of energy being placed elsewhere.
- Numbers text would be a good one to just skip right over except it is referenced as preamble to the most popular Bible verse on the planet (or at least the most popular at sporting events).
- Playing with a connection between W+H service and the #'s and Ephesians passages. We are given life by grace found in Christ.... both encourage us to keep our focus on what will save you - ignore snakes nipping at your ankles. John makes the parallel more blatant: And just as Moses lifted up the serpent in teh wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever belives in him may have eternal life.
- How can this be addressed without seemingly discounting the pain people are in - both physical and emotional
To be continued....