Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The View from Up Here

Just about a year ago I took the last little bit of my broken everything and put it on a boat.

I didn't know it right then (although I had a hunch a few days later) that this simple act was actually the end of the sinking. By walking onto that boat I officially kicked off the bottom and was headed back to the surface.

It was the ultimate flotation device with the life preserver being fresh air, permission to 'BE' and belly laughs... lots and lots of belly laughs.

I walked the word 'peace'.

When asked to describe where I had been I mentioned the image of walking to the very edge of a cliff and looking for any kind of support and seeing no one. Then I was encouraged to turn around and I saw this:


and this....


and this...



and of course, this...

and certainly this....

What an incredible group of women. What an incredibly holy place.

I will never forget how you listened and cared and gave me space and room to heal and to know that I am loved.

Peace.

8 comments:

Songbird said...

Sweet.
Also, I really need a pedicure.

cheesehead said...

Love Ya. Mean It.

God_Guurrlll said...

Your post brought tears of hope to my eye. I miss all of the BE gang and I treasure you all in my heart.

Love ya my friend.

DogBlogger said...

Awwww.... wow, what a time we all had. Transformative.

Love ya. Mean it.

Kathryn said...

oh yes :-)

I was looking at my peace dove yesterday & smiling to think of its relatives roosting with my friends across the Pond. What a year, eh? Hugs xx

zorra said...

Love you. Remembering, too.

RevDrKate said...

Late here...but Amen sistah amen!

Mary Beth said...

Love you...thanks for this.