Friday, May 29, 2009

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: The BIG To Do

Greetings from the land of the Big To-Do!

It seems like every year I enter into the summer with a growing list of HUGE projects/events/trips that seem to have a permanent place on the 'to do' list.
This year I have a huge move pending so that takes up an entire list all on its own, but it doesn't take a big event like that for me to make plans bigger than my summer can hold!
How about you?

Is this the third summer in a row you have made a pledge involving your garage and actually getting a car into it?
Did you once again miss the registration deadline for the continuing education event of your dreams ?
Are you starting to think you couldn't even find the tents, let alone get it together to pull off a camping trip?

Here is your chance to get it out into the open and OWN your Big To-Do! Who knows? Maybe making the list will help you move the Big To-Do to the Big Ta-Da!


1) What home fix-it project is on your Big To-Do?
I have a paint project in the new home, numerous of them, in fact. My guess is that a couple of them will get done right before we move in but some will be left on the Big To-Do list.

2) What event (fun or work) is on your Big To-Do?
I really want to get to Festival of Homiletics one year. This was not the year and unless it is in Atlanta next year won't be either. Throw in potentially doing a D.Min and suddenly it looks like this may stay on the Big To-Do for awhile.

3) What trip is on your Big To-Do?
Disney, although that is cheating because plans are for that to happen in February. I HAVE to figure out when I am going up to see the new baby that should be arriving in our lives in late June/early July... you know, right at the same time as closing on the new house.

4) What do you wish was on someone ELSE's (partner, family member, celebrity, etc...) Big To-Do?
Celebrity - I wish J&K+8 had weaning away from their tv show on their list. I realize it is hard to know what is truth, but it just seems like they are living a modern day parable.
As for closer to my life, I wish the ex had moving farther away on his list, but he just moved closer so I doubt that is going to happen.

5) Getting inspired? What may end this summer having moved from the Big To-Do to the Big Ta-da?
I think I'll make some phone calls and start working on getting painters lined up for post-closing, pre-moving. I want to move out of our current shelter as quickly as possible!

9 comments:

Processing Counselor said...

What an excellent FF. Sounds like you have your plate full!

Songbird said...

It's a lot of excitement!

Sally said...

I enjoyed playing this, hope you manag to squeeze in some of those things!

Auntie Knickers said...

Thanks for a great Friday Five, and I hope your move goes smoothly and that you and The Boy can find a lot of time for fun this summer.

RevDrKate said...

Great F5. Life sounds really, really busy! Hear you on the ex moving away wish...ah, yes I do.

Joan Calvin said...

The Festival of Homiletics is in Nashville nest year, I think. I'm planning to go, unless I find somewhere else to go! Hope to meet you there if you can get away. Sounds like you have a lot of to-dos

Barbara B. said...

Nice job on the F5! (Send the painters over here when you are done with them!) :)

Iris said...

Great F5!

sue said...

徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務,債務協商,應收帳款,詐欺,離婚,監護權,法律諮詢,法律常識,離婚諮詢,錄音,找人,追蹤器,GPS,徵信,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信,徵信社,尋人,偵探,偵探社,徵才,私家偵探,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,抓猴,出軌,背叛,婚姻,劈腿,感情,第三者,婚外情,一夜情,小老婆,外遇,商標,市場調查,公平交易法,抓姦,債務