Friday, June 12, 2009

Revgalblogpal Friday Five: Trader Joe's Edition

What?! Two posts in two days?! Sign of the apocalypse?
No, just a sign that I am not preaching this Sunday.

1. Grocery shopping--love it or hate it?
Hate. It.
When the ex left I often figured the grocery store was the most likely place folks would finally see me crack, thumb in mouth, crouched in the fetal position by the meat counter.

2. Who is the primary food shopper in your household?
Me.
Have I mentioned I hate it? I am wondering which grandparent is going to take over that role since my Mom hates it too and my Dad tends to freelance (read: buy only cheap stuff) a bit too much when he goes.

3. Do you have a beloved store like TJ's which is unique to your location or family? No. I live in southcentral PA. We are lucky grocery stores finally have salad bars. There is a Wegman's nearby that is fun, but still... even with a coffee shop and the now permissable sale of alcohol, it is still a grocery store. And as dicussed above, I hate them.

4. How about a farmer's market, or CSA share, as we move into summer? Or do you grow your own fruits/veggies/herbs?
I did my best to keep the local farmer's market going but alas poor management was its undoing. Once we move, I will locate the local fresh stuff.

5. What's the favorite thing you buy at the grocery store?
The last thing... because that means I can leave.

Happy Weekend!

4 comments:

mompriest said...

For awhile, when I lived in Chicago, I did my grocery shopping on-line through a company called PeaPod. It was connected to a local big chain grocery store and once you set up your account and ordered a bit of food it retained your order and all I had to do was go in and re-order the things I needed and add a few new things. I could set the delivery time, and if I wasn't home they'd leave the groceriers in a chilled containter on my back porch. It was a little pricey (yeah) - but oh so wonderful. And besides, I figured I saved money by not doing any impulse buying....

Perhaps when you move to a big city such a thing will be available to you?

altar ego said...

Can't think of anything to say to ease the angst of shopping, but in response to your previous post, mazel tov!

Sophia said...

Love #5!

sue said...

抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信,徵信社,徵信公司,尋人,抓姦,外遇,徵信社,徵信