This week over at revgalblogpals Sally invites us to keep it simple:
I am reading a wonderful little book for Advent it's title: "Do nothing Christmas is Coming!"
So this weeks Friday Five is simple.
List Five things you won't be doing to prepare for Christmas.
This fits in with my latest theme.
This year I will not be...
1) Making little breads as gifts.
2) Stressing over 5 stocking stuffers each for every individual in my family. Last night we discussed 2 each with the bottom line being: if you are getting something just to fill it, don't.
3) Pulling out every Christmas decoration I have, although they may get laid out in the basement so that our newly combined family can sort: recycle, reuse, rummage!
4) Buying any more Christmas decorations. This mid-November reminder to myself was actually quite freeing.
5) Buying any last minute gift items because I suddenly panic that there is not enough. I'll keep you posted on how that discipline goes.
We are having a bit of a hectic holiday around these parts for other reasons, but so far I think we are keeping the expectations of both the adults and the 5 year old on a pretty even keel.