Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Snarky Christmas

Dear Neighbors,

Wow. Your property looks so amazing and festive. I love the matching wreaths on the windows with the candles perfectly centered behind them. The sculpted pine bushes bought specifically for this holiday with the tasteful white lights on them add just the right touch. And kudos for finding a way to angle that spotlight so that your home glitters through the night. I also like that around the back of the house you have used garland and other classy touches to show that this Winter Festival is not just for the front yard, but for passerby's on the road behind us as well.

You know, I was going to do the same... well, at least decorate a bit (Lord knows I cannot afford sculpted pine bushes bought specifically for this holiday). I really was going to make this effort, but what was I doing right at the same time you were outside decorating your home? Oh right...

I WAS IN CHURCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
The Snarky Christian
-------------------------------------


Okay, I know, I am just jealous. Still.... it did make me chuckle a bit that the neighbors who were nervous about having a pastor for a neighbor (seriously) have out-Christmas'ed us twenty-fold.
On the outside anyway.

God bless 'em.

3 comments:

Rev Kim said...

Nervous because as a pastor you'd be throwing so many wild parties, or nervous because they're worried you might cramp their style?

Songbird said...

Har!

Loretta said...

Oh, bless your little heart!