Wednesday, June 16, 2010

100 Things

I am trying to re-enter the creative process of blogging. I have found that now that my life has calmed down to a dull roar, I miss it. And once disciplined with it, there was very little detrimental about the exercise of taking time out through the week to jot some thoughts down.

I revisited my previous blog recently and was reminded that not everything was a heavy diary of what was going on in my life. There are a variety of things on it, from the sacred to the profane. There is a community created via blogging and I miss it.

One of the things a lot of us did was the 100 things meme. I found it on my blog from early September 2005. I cut and pasted it below and the 2010 updates are in bold.

1) I am 5’10”

2) I have hazel eyes.

3) I have been married for 9 years. Separated for 3, divorced for 2. I originally did this meme 2 years before life imploded.

4) I don’t often get mushy.

5) He is truly God’s gift to undeserving me. Ummm, about that...

6) I am often humbled by it.

7) But even more often take it for granted. It is true this played a role, but c'mon.

8) I have 10 toes.

9) And 9 fingers. Just glad with my recklessness I still have 9!

10) Kids always notice this.

11) Most adults do not.

12) My wedding rings got caught on an immovable object. foreshadowing?

13) My finger was not.

14) Life certainly goes on, but I still miss it.

15) My nieces and nephews think it’s cool. Those kids were on his side. I miss them.

16) I wish it hadn’t happened.

17) It is not the worst thing that has happened to me.

18) I can’t share yet but to say…

19) My first is actually my second.

20) Drastically changing tones – I love sports.

21) Playing ‘em and watching ‘em.

22) Because of where I live I am trying but I still say,

23) NASCAR is not a sport. I have quit trying.

24) I love football.

25) The NY GIANTS are my favorite NFL team.

26) The Chicago Cubs are my favorite baseball team but

27) I really just love baseball in general.

28) Especially the playoffs.

29) Although I stay up way too late to watch.

30) And drag around basically during the entire month of October.

31) I played flag football in seminary.

32) And loved it more than any of my classes.

33) Me having a Masters degree in anything is proof that God exists.

34) And is further proof that this truly is my Call.

35) Despite the current condition of this week’s sermon.

36) I have a dog. 2

37) And one cat. 4

38) I used to have 2.

39) For awhile we had five.

40) But that was short-lived.

41) And crossed the line from pet owners to

42) Wacky couple with the five cats! the cats are my Mom's

43) I have one sister.

44) She is younger.

45) And funnier.

46) And reading this J

47) I was mean to her growing up.

48) Now I’m sorry.

49) But also happy to have the sermon illustrations.

50) But really sorry.

51) I played softball in college.

52) You know how good guys look in baseball uniforms?

53) Women do not.

54) It’s a hips in polyester thing.

55) I learned the bigger the boobs

56) and the butt,

57) the farther the ball goes.

58) I hit no home runs then.

59) But since having a child probably could now. Nope. Still can't.

60) If the boobs and butt thing were the only requirements.

61) I am an extrovert.

62) In a lonely introverted solo pastor setting. No longer! Full staff, full house, full heart.

63) I look forward to the day when I once again work with a staff. YAY! (And extremely interesting that I wrote that all the way back in 2005 when supposedly all was well. Hmmm....)

64) I grew up on the NJ shore.

65) But I was never a beach bum.

66) I took it for granted.

67) And now I miss the sounds and the smells.

68) I like it most off-season.

69) I have a secret desire to learn how to knit. I now know how to knit.

70) But I am embarrassed to ask my Mom to teach me. She did!

71) I think I’m the only woman on the planet who doesn’t really like chocolate.

72) I’m sorry.

73) Just think that’s more for you!

74) I majored in Religious Studies.

75) But wished I didn’t.

76) Seminary was a repeat of a lot of it.

77) So I should have majored in Sociology

78) Or Psychology

79) Or Business

80) Or Theater instead.

81) I had AKMA in college.

82) And Seminary.

83) If you know him

84) You envy me.

85) If you know me.

86) You pity him.

87) In high school I rang hand bells for my church.

88) It was a big deal then.

89) Sometimes it bums me out that no one really cares now.

90) We were really good.

91) Toured this country and England.

92) Anyone?

93) Oh well.

94) I don’t read as much as I should.

95) My best friends are a favorite side dish.

96) I have a pak n’ play in my office. No longer. I have a LOT of artwork by a 5 year old.

97) And very often my dog. Not as much, but he's been here some.

98) I am hooked on other people’s blogs. It is a great way to keep in touch as well as be challenged to see things through other people's eyes.

100) My sermon still is not written. Still true. Very true.

10 comments:

reverendmother said...

I love that you're blogging more.

And I always thought I was 5'10 but it turns out I'm 5'9. And I'm strangely sad about that. ???

Hazel too, though.

I'm glad to know you. Then and now.

winsomelearnsome said...

I also love that you are blogging more. Somehow blogging is less un-cool if you are doing it.

I am not one of those women who Must Have Chocolate Every Day either. Most of the time I can take it or leave it, especially if there is a more interesting choice.

Songbird said...

What happened to #99?

Kathrynzj said...

LOL.... #99: There is no #99.

Jane Ellen+ said...

#82-85: me, too.

Glad you're blogging more. I'm hoping to be able to do that as well, once life here finishes turning the corner. And I find I don't really give a rat's patoot if it's uncool.

(As further evidenced by using "patoot." The mill mouth does have limits.)

Kathrynzj said...

RM, if you're 5'9" then I am more likely 5'8" and that is totally unacceptable so I am moving you back up to 5'10.
I am also glad to know you, then and now.

winsomelearnsome, it is good to be back in touch with you this way.

Nancy said...

As a lurker, I am smiling that you are willing to begin blogging again. You were greatly missed!

Mary Beth said...

I always thought handbells rocked!!

Songbird said...

I thought you were at *least* 6' tall...

AKMA said...

How could anyone be sorry for me, when I’ve had the privilege of working — in both her college and seminary years — with one of the most wonderful pastors God has ever called? They should envy me instead!