I revisited my previous blog recently and was reminded that not everything was a heavy diary of what was going on in my life. There are a variety of things on it, from the sacred to the profane. There is a community created via blogging and I miss it.
One of the things a lot of us did was the 100 things meme. I found it on my blog from early September 2005. I cut and pasted it below and the 2010 updates are in bold.
1) I am 5’10”
2) I have hazel eyes.
3) I have been married for 9 years. Separated for 3, divorced for 2. I originally did this meme 2 years before life imploded.
4) I don’t often get mushy.
5) He is truly God’s gift to undeserving me. Ummm, about that...
6) I am often humbled by it.
7) But even more often take it for granted. It is true this played a role, but c'mon.
8) I have 10 toes.
9) And 9 fingers. Just glad with my recklessness I still have 9!
10) Kids always notice this.
11) Most adults do not.
12) My wedding rings got caught on an immovable object. foreshadowing?
13) My finger was not.
14) Life certainly goes on, but I still miss it.
15) My nieces and nephews think it’s cool. Those kids were on his side. I miss them.
16) I wish it hadn’t happened.
17) It is not the worst thing that has happened to me.
18) I can’t share yet but to say…
19) My first is actually my second.
20) Drastically changing tones – I love sports.
21) Playing ‘em and watching ‘em.
22) Because of where I live I am trying but I still say,
23) NASCAR is not a sport. I have quit trying.
24) I love football.
25) The NY GIANTS are my favorite NFL team.
26) The Chicago Cubs are my favorite baseball team but
27) I really just love baseball in general.
28) Especially the playoffs.
29) Although I stay up way too late to watch.
30) And drag around basically during the entire month of October.
31) I played flag football in seminary.
32) And loved it more than any of my classes.
33) Me having a Masters degree in anything is proof that God exists.
34) And is further proof that this truly is my Call.
35) Despite the current condition of this week’s sermon.
36) I have a dog. 2
37) And one cat. 4
38) I used to have 2.
39) For awhile we had five.
40) But that was short-lived.
41) And crossed the line from pet owners to
42) Wacky couple with the five cats! the cats are my Mom's
43) I have one sister.
44) She is younger.
45) And funnier.
46) And reading this J
47) I was mean to her growing up.
48) Now I’m sorry.
49) But also happy to have the sermon illustrations.
50) But really sorry.
51) I played softball in college.
52) You know how good guys look in baseball uniforms?
53) Women do not.
54) It’s a hips in polyester thing.
55) I learned the bigger the boobs
56) and the butt,
57) the farther the ball goes.
58) I hit no home runs then.
59) But since having a child probably could now. Nope. Still can't.
60) If the boobs and butt thing were the only requirements.
61) I am an extrovert.
62) In a lonely introverted solo pastor setting. No longer! Full staff, full house, full heart.
63) I look forward to the day when I once again work with a staff. YAY! (And extremely interesting that I wrote that all the way back in 2005 when supposedly all was well. Hmmm....)
64) I grew up on the NJ shore.
65) But I was never a beach bum.
66) I took it for granted.
67) And now I miss the sounds and the smells.
68) I like it most off-season.
69) I have a secret desire to learn how to knit. I now know how to knit.
70) But I am embarrassed to ask my Mom to teach me. She did!
71) I think I’m the only woman on the planet who doesn’t really like chocolate.
72) I’m sorry.
73) Just think that’s more for you!
74) I majored in Religious Studies.
75) But wished I didn’t.
76) Seminary was a repeat of a lot of it.
77) So I should have majored in Sociology
78) Or Psychology
79) Or Business
80) Or Theater instead.
81) I had AKMA in college.
82) And Seminary.
83) If you know him
84) You envy me.
85) If you know me.
86) You pity him.
87) In high school I rang hand bells for my church.
88) It was a big deal then.
89) Sometimes it bums me out that no one really cares now.
90) We were really good.
91) Toured this country and
93) Oh well.
94) I don’t read as much as I should.
95) My best friends are a favorite side dish.
96) I have a pak n’ play in my office. No longer. I have a LOT of artwork by a 5 year old.
97) And very often my dog. Not as much, but he's been here some.
98) I am hooked on other people’s blogs. It is a great way to keep in touch as well as be challenged to see things through other people's eyes.
100) My sermon still is not written. Still true. Very true.